Rent two 4k Blu-rays or DVDs for FREE via trial @ Cinema Paradiso

Posted 27th Sep
LOVE FILM? I love 4k movies in HDR and Dolby Atmos, but streaming services don't cut it for quality, you just can't beat a physical disc. Two weeks for free unlimited one disc per time. I suggested two, but you could end up with more. They do an unlimited packaged two at a time for £12.98 per month which at around 8 movies a month in 4K that's way cheaper than streaming prices and in better quality.

cinemaparadiso.co.uk/films

offer is on going no end date.
Community Updates

Groups

3 Comments
This is fantastic, thanks for posting, I didn't realize that there were still physical renting platforms any more (I miss Blockbuster!). You're right, disc blows streaming out of the water, especially 4K blu-rays. And compared to this, renting streaming titles is expensive, and most of the time you only have 24-48hrs to watch the film once hit you play (seriously?!). Obviously, renting streaming title still has it's advantages, like being able to have it there-and-then when you're in the mood for a film. I think I remember when I used to have a lovefilm membership, that I'd be in the mood for a film when I ordered it, but then I wouldn't when it arrived. And then it'd create a 'bottleneck' until I watched & returned it. But, nothing's ideal. I liked in America that they have Redbox machines all over the place where you can rent a physical disc, and then return it to any machine when you're done. You can even browse films online and reserve them at a certain station, and it was cheap as chips. Best of both worlds. I loved that, but I don't think that they have a similar service over here.
leeuk32127/09/2019 11:21

This is fantastic, thanks for posting, I didn't realize that there were …This is fantastic, thanks for posting, I didn't realize that there were still physical renting platforms any more (I miss Blockbuster!). You're right, disc blows streaming out of the water, especially 4K blu-rays. And compared to this, renting streaming titles is expensive, and most of the time you only have 24-48hrs to watch the film once hit you play (seriously?!). Obviously, renting streaming title still has it's advantages, like being able to have it there-and-then when you're in the mood for a film. I think I remember when I used to have a lovefilm membership, that I'd be in the mood for a film when I ordered it, but then I wouldn't when it arrived. And then it'd create a 'bottleneck' until I watched & returned it. But, nothing's ideal. I liked in America that they have Redbox machines all over the place where you can rent a physical disc, and then return it to any machine when you're done. You can even browse films online and reserve them at a certain station, and it was cheap as chips. Best of both worlds. I loved that, but I don't think that they have a similar service over here.

Seems like a good service and its a shame hukd arn't posting this on the highlights page.
Surprised to see physical rental! It's got some tough competition in today's market, as other streaming while it may not have the quality, it sure does have the content. So presuming you only watch the occasional film, this would be nice in addition to that service. However it needs to be a bit cheaper and more rentals at the same time which will the make it very attractive.

Another option is a lot of 4k films are pretty cheap from cex/ebay and most of those are like new, although it's impossible to get 8 for £13, you can get 2 for about 18 for less than latest films which then meas you own the disk.

Currently I'm stacking 4k disks for when I upgrade my system to 4k. Most of the 4k disks include Blu-ray's, for which even Blu-ray quality is better than the 1080p equivalent on streaming sites. I use streaming for day to day watching, and if I really want to watxh and focus on a film - that's where the disks come out!
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants