Groups

Lovefilm question on free monthly trials

Hello all

ive already had one free monthly trial from lovefilm.

is there a way to fudge the system where one can get more free monthly trials at the same address?

or is it not possible?

45 Comments

New card, and new post code. If you find a post code that doesn't exist, Royal Mail will just use the rest of the information to deliver...

Banned

Just be grateful of the free trial you had and not be greedy wanting more. When people abuse things the price goes up for everyone else - look at insurance!

Groupon have an offer on today of £9 instead of £44.97 for 3 months unlimited rentals.

groupon.co.uk/dea…ies

Original Poster

cacaroca

Groupon have an offer on today of £9 instead of £44.97 for 3 months u … Groupon have an offer on today of £9 instead of £44.97 for 3 months unlimited rentals. [url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.groupon.co.uk%2Fdeals%2Fnational-deal%2Flove-film%2F471212%3Fnlp%3D%26CID%3DUK_CRM_45_0_0_0%26utm_source%3DDeal_general_newsletter%26utm_medium%3DAll_Cities%26utm_content%3DInitial_Version%26utm_campaign%3DVaries]http://www.groupon.co.uk/deals/national-deal/love-film/471212?nlp=&CID=UK_CRM_45_0_0_0&utm_source=Deal_general_newsletter&utm_medium=All_Cities&utm_content=Initial_Version&utm_campaign=Varies[/url]

thanks for that!!!!

might take them up on the offer.

never used groupon though.........

cacaroca

Groupon have an offer on today of £9 instead of £44.97 for 3 months u … Groupon have an offer on today of £9 instead of £44.97 for 3 months unlimited rentals. [url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.groupon.co.uk%2Fdeals%2Fnational-deal%2Flove-film%2F471212%3Fnlp%3D%26CID%3DUK_CRM_45_0_0_0%26utm_source%3DDeal_general_newsletter%26utm_medium%3DAll_Cities%26utm_content%3DInitial_Version%26utm_campaign%3DVaries]http://www.groupon.co.uk/deals/national-deal/love-film/471212?nlp=&CID=UK_CRM_45_0_0_0&utm_source=Deal_general_newsletter&utm_medium=All_Cities&utm_content=Initial_Version&utm_campaign=Varies[/url]

this is for new lovefilm customers only, same as the free trials

Original Poster

secretwoman123

this is for new lovefilm customers only, same as the free trials

damn!!!!

EN1GMA

damn!!!!

Yes, so be careful when you sign up to accidentally not put the last letter of your postcode in incorrectly, which might make the system believe you are new.

Original Poster

CoffeeMaker

Just be grateful of the free trial you had and not be greedy wanting … Just be grateful of the free trial you had and not be greedy wanting more. When people abuse things the price goes up for everyone else - look at insurance!

oh do shut up!

how is abusing insurance the same as this you nincompoop.

abusing the insurance by driving without licenses etc and trying to get a free trail is not the same thing. it might be in your world, but not in the real world dufus.

Maybe your wife/partner other household member would like to try a trial

maybe phone them and see if they can offer you a special deal as money is tight, they phoned me a month or so ago and offered me another 3 months for the price of one to reactivate my account, never took them up as we never got round to watching them
    Edited by: "secretwoman123" 22nd Jun 2011

EN1GMA

oh do shut up!how is abusing insurance the same as this you … oh do shut up!how is abusing insurance the same as this you nincompoop.abusing the insurance by driving without licenses etc and trying to get a free trail is not the same thing. it might be in your world, but not in the real world dufus.

It has some truth within it your just comparing the fact insurance isnt a movie trial but missing the generalised point of his arguement.

Stealing from a company and abusing loopholes/trials will put up the cost of other services. In this instance if everyone abused lovefilms for trials endlessly they would not make a profit and thus have to increase the cost of those who use the service as mainstream customers.

If you dont see that simple fact then you are a complete idiot

Banned

You go OP!

Nailez

It has some truth within it your just comparing the fact insurance isnt a … It has some truth within it your just comparing the fact insurance isnt a movie trial but missing the generalised point of his arguement.Stealing from a company and abusing loopholes/trials will put up the cost of other services. In this instance if everyone abused lovefilms for trials endlessly they would not make a profit and thus have to increase the cost of those who use the service as mainstream customers.If you dont see that simple fact then you are a complete idiot

Too many people in this world want something for nothing, as the op has demonstrated. I get the top package from lovefilm, and well and truly abuse it, it's well worth the money you pay, especially with the online streaming thats included in the package. we must get through about 15 dvds a month and then more films on top of that from the streaming.

Original Poster

Nailez

It has some truth within it your just comparing the fact insurance isnt a … It has some truth within it your just comparing the fact insurance isnt a movie trial but missing the generalised point of his arguement.Stealing from a company and abusing loopholes/trials will put up the cost of other services. In this instance if everyone abused lovefilms for trials endlessly they would not make a profit and thus have to increase the cost of those who use the service as mainstream customers.If you dont see that simple fact then you are a complete idiot

erm,how am I stealing from a company by using loopholes.

and if they were losing money from such trials they would stop doing them.

the bolded part is pure speculation. prove to me that it does put up the cost of their other services(Lovefilm) to paying customers and I'll stop doing the free trials.

you might also want to contact money saving websites who advise on how to save money by various LEGAL loopholes to save money/get freebies.

Edited by: "EN1GMA" 22nd Jun 2011

Original Poster

Kitten13

Too many people in this world want something for nothing, as the op has … Too many people in this world want something for nothing, as the op has demonstrated. I get the top package from lovefilm, and well and truly abuse it, it's well worth the money you pay, especially with the online streaming thats included in the package. we must get through about 15 dvds a month and then more films on top of that from the streaming.

might as well knock out the 'freebies' section on this site. wanting something for nothing is part of human nature,or atleast getting a good deal.

Edited by: "EN1GMA" 22nd Jun 2011

EN1GMA

might as well knock out the 'freebies' section on this site. wanting … might as well knock out the 'freebies' section on this site. wanting something for nothing is part of human nature,or atleast getting a good deal.

You had the initial freebe though, and want to now take advantage of it again, which is kind of pathetic

Banned

I never used the word 'STEALING'. I was implying that you wanted to take advantage of a system to get something for nothing. This is abusing a free trial; ie getting a second one you are not entitled to.
    As another poster pointed out, too many people want something for nothing and the world just doesnt function like that. If you like LoveFilm then PAY FOR IT. If everyone looked for loopholes and abused things like you do then companies would not offer things like this.

EN1GMA

might as well knock out the 'freebies' section on this site. wanting … might as well knock out the 'freebies' section on this site. wanting something for nothing is part of human nature,or atleast getting a good deal.

Freebies is fine and wanting something for nothing (WHICH YOU GOT) as is getting a bit more for your money after all we are all here doing that, however attempting to abuse a system you LIKE/LOVE using by expecting to get it for free indefinately is just appaling as above with the Kitty she would end up paying a premium for the likes of you should you be successful in bucking the system.

In anycase you have shown your an idiot so enjoy the misc's ripping you apart as I am sure they will invariably.

Original Poster

anyway,this is a deals webiste and i have no inclination into getting into debates,especially about lovefilm.

my query was simple enough,coffeemaker then went on a moral crusade............

Banned

I'm on team En1gma!

Original Poster

Nailez

Freebies is fine and wanting something for nothing (WHICH YOU GOT) as is … Freebies is fine and wanting something for nothing (WHICH YOU GOT) as is getting a bit more for your money after all we are all here doing that, however attempting to abuse a system you LIKE/LOVE using by expecting to get it for free indefinately is just appaling as above with the Kitty she would end up paying a premium for the likes of you should you be successful in bucking the system.In anycase you have shown your an idiot so enjoy the misc's ripping you apart as I am sure they will invariably.

ok dear,if it makes you feel better.

Banned

EN1GMA

anyway,this is a deals webiste and i have no inclination into getting … anyway,this is a deals webiste and i have no inclination into getting into debates,especially about lovefilm.my query was simple enough,coffeemaker then went on a moral crusade............

It is a deals website, correct. Not a forum about how to twist systems and find loopholes because you are not satisfied with the freebie you were entitled to. Simple fact is if you want something, pay your way instead of expecting everything on a plate for free.

Banned

master_chief

I'm on team En1gma!

^^^^^^^^ strong homo!!!!!!

I'm with everyone else. I always reject BOGOF deals in supermarkets because they are clearly being too generous and it's most unfair to be seen taking advantage. The shame of meeting someone in the store with a double buy or being seen by stealth would be a cross to much to bare.

I feel ashamed to admit I've even though about using a BOGOF or half price offer!

In fact, this site should be closed instantly. it's a disgrace.

Banned

Guv - I think you've missed the point. It isnt about takign advantage of offers you are entitled to, we are on about cheating systems that are in place and abusing things you are not entitled to. Nothing to do with a BOGOF offer

guv

^^^^^^^^ strong homo!!!!!!I'm with everyone else. I always reject BOGOF … ^^^^^^^^ strong homo!!!!!!I'm with everyone else. I always reject BOGOF deals in supermarkets because they are clearly being too generous and it's most unfair to be seen taking advantage. The shame of meeting someone in the store with a double buy or being seen by stealth would be a cross to much to bare.I feel ashamed to admit I've even though about using a BOGOF or half price offer!In fact, this site should be closed instantly. it's a disgrace.

lawls guv obvious much

Banned

Oh lawd!

Someone cancel my usenet subscription!

Banned

Guess nobody tries to get obvious misprices either?

master_chief

Guess nobody tries to get obvious misprices either?

If ya like it buy it MC a misprice is a misprice I see your arguement but you are still paying for something you want albeit alot cheaper.

Again it has the same warrants to it and is comparable however the OP likes the service and rather than try to get a deal etc which we would all get he wants it for free indefinately there lies the point.
    Edited by: "Nailez" 22nd Jun 2011

Banned

Nailez

If ya like it buy it MC a misprice is a misprice I see your arguement but … If ya like it buy it MC a misprice is a misprice I see your arguement but you are still paying for something you want albeit alot cheaper.Again it has the same warrants to it and is comparable however the OP likes the service and rather than try to get a deal etc which we would all get he wants it for free indefinately there lies the point.

There are far bigger crimes going on in the world. People fleecing billions I tell ya. Let this guy get some free rentals for a while.

Original Poster

Coffeemaker,if you'd have made your point,which yes,from a moral point of view is valid,I would have said fair enough, but you just seemed to come out and attack me.

I could,if I was so inclined complain about peeps on here who buy multiple buys of certain things and sell them on for profit. But,although im not a fan of what they do, i admit its perfectly fine to do and just get on with and good luck to all. Yes, I could say morally they should not multi buy so much that others here get left out,but fair play to you if you do.

please guys,those that do the above don't jump on me. im not compalining but merely pointing out everyone has a moral compass which differs from everybody else and when people start compalining when others don't do what WE think is morally/ethically correct,it pees me off.

master_chief

There are far bigger crimes going on in the world. People fleecing … There are far bigger crimes going on in the world. People fleecing billions I tell ya. Let this guy get some free rentals for a while.

True and his had it, inb4 breakdown by OP

Banned

master_chief

There are far bigger crimes going on in the world. People fleecing … There are far bigger crimes going on in the world. People fleecing billions I tell ya. Let this guy get some free rentals for a while.

Doesn’t make it right though - you could say 'there are far worse crimes' about a lot of situations!!

At the end of the day, if you want to push things and see what you can get for free then do it. I am just saying its that kind of attitude that ruins things for other people. OP commented that they wouldn’t run schemes like this they lost too much money; my point is if people keep trying to find holes in things then they wont do offers in the future! This means that people that do things decently and respectfully suffer.

Price mistakes are slightly different because they are just that, mistakes. They have advertised something wrong, they don’t catch it and you get the order - their fault. I am no bleeding heart, if a company makes a mistake and doesn’t catch it then tough luck for them. It is different from abusing something that was initially offered for free just because you expect to receive a service without paying for it.

Anyway, back to work…

Edited by: "CoffeeMaker" 22nd Jun 2011

I used to do this, but I got my family members to apply instead, so not exactly fleecing the system.

Original Poster

Nailez

If ya like it buy it MC a misprice is a misprice I see your arguement but … If ya like it buy it MC a misprice is a misprice I see your arguement but you are still paying for something you want albeit alot cheaper.Again it has the same warrants to it and is comparable however the OP likes the service and rather than try to get a deal etc which we would all get he wants it for free indefinately there lies the point.

so what if I was trying get indefinate free trials,whats it got to do with you? Its a deals website where, shock horror, im asking for any way in which I can get more free trials.

like i said, money saving websites offer lots of such loopholes which people can take advantage of.

Banned

CoffeeMaker

Price mistakes are slightly different because they are just that, … Price mistakes are slightly different because they are just that, mistakes. They have advertised something wrong, they don’t catch it and you get the order - their fault. I am know bleeding heart, if a company makes a mistake and doesn’t catch it then tough luck for them. It is different from abusing something that was initially offered for free just because you expect to receive a service without paying for it.Anyway, back to work…

Well it's "their fault" (Lovefilm's) for not stopping this well-known-for-many-years loophole...

In fact the more I read that last bit, the more contradictory it is.

Edited by: "master_chief" 22nd Jun 2011

Banned

CoffeeMaker

Doesn’t make it right though - you could say 'there are far worse crimes' … Doesn’t make it right though - you could say 'there are far worse crimes' about a lot of situations!! At the end of the day, if you want to push things and see what you can get for free then do it. I am just saying its that kind of attitude that ruins things for other people. OP commented that they wouldn’t run schemes like this they lost too much money; my point is if people keep trying to find holes in things then they wont do offers in the future! This means that people that do things decently and respectfully suffer.Price mistakes are slightly different because they are just that, mistakes. They have advertised something wrong, they don’t catch it and you get the order - their fault. I am know bleeding heart, if a company makes a mistake and doesn’t catch it then tough luck for them. It is different from abusing something that was initially offered for free just because you expect to receive a service without paying for it.Anyway, back to work…

Oh lawd! So you don't get paid for just turning up then?

Banned

I wasn't attacking you mate just putting my opinion across.

EN1GMA

Coffeemaker,if you'd have made your point,which yes,from a moral point of … Coffeemaker,if you'd have made your point,which yes,from a moral point of view is valid,I would have said fair enough, but you just seemed to come out and attack me.I could,if I was so inclined complain about peeps on here who buy multiple buys of certain things and sell them on for profit. But,although im not a fan of what they do, i admit its perfectly fine to do and just get on with and good luck to all. Yes, I could say morally they should not multi buy so much that others here get left out,but fair play to you if you do.please guys,those that do the above don't jump on me. im not compalining but merely pointing out everyone has a moral compass which differs from everybody else and when people start compalining when others don't do what WE think is morally/ethically correct,it pees me off.

I wasnt attacking you mate just putting your point across. I have said nothing with malice or an intent to offend, just in the spirit of debate and discussion. Dont take it personally, it certainly wasnt meant to be.

Banned

Guv - unfortuantley no, lunch break mate

Original Poster

Nailez

True and his had it, inb4 breakdown by OP

LOL

Banned

CoffeeMaker

Guv - unfortuantley no, lunch break mate

You're in the wrong job. X)

Original Poster

I think lovefilm already probabaly know that due to loopholes, people are doing multi free trials yet still they offer free trials in such numbers which tells its own story.

Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Samsung or Hisense33
      2. What's the most impressive 4k / UHD film you have seen at home?22
      3. What's the best gas and electric deals about ?77
      4. What to do?????710

See more discussions