LoveHolidays

Posted 27th Mar
Has anyone had dealings with this company recently regarding cancellations?

Was due to travel on 30th March. Booked flight and hotel with them as a package. They are telling me that i must contact TUI to regarding flights and they can only offer a voucher for the hotel part of the booking.

I dont want a voucher as i will likely not travel again this year or use them to make a booking if i do. Shouldn’t they be responsible for the flights part of the booking too seeing as it was all paid to them?
Community Updates
Ask
8 Comments
I can’t stand this company loveholidays.. I nearly died in Egypt with legionaries disease the hotel they said that was incredibly clean 5* was shocking obviously didn’t clean the air conditioning units or shower heads. lucky I was back in England 1 day when I developed it fully and it takes around 4-5 days for them to appear. but good luck dealing with them they couldn’t care less
I booked a hotel through them a couple of years ago. Found them to be a very devious company, making empty promises with hidden clauses in their small print.
The supplier will be responsible / not responsible for whatever was stated in the t&c you accepted at time of booking, which you haven't stated.
My mum had a trip to Malta cancelled. She asked for a refund last week and were told she has to accept a voucher for hotel and contact Ryanair for flight refund. This goes against The Package Travel and Linked Travel Arrangements Regulations 2018 which states that a full refund has to be issued withing 14 days. At the moment ABTA are asking for the government to change the law which are expected to be changed. But loveholidays kept telling my mum that the law is changing and she has to accept the voucher. They wouldn't accept the current legislation. They just cut her off when she mentioned the regulations after telling her there is nothing else he could do.
stubbadub27/03/2020 19:09

My mum had a trip to Malta cancelled. She asked for a refund last week and …My mum had a trip to Malta cancelled. She asked for a refund last week and were told she has to accept a voucher for hotel and contact Ryanair for flight refund. This goes against The Package Travel and Linked Travel Arrangements Regulations 2018 which states that a full refund has to be issued withing 14 days. At the moment ABTA are asking for the government to change the law which are expected to be changed. But loveholidays kept telling my mum that the law is changing and she has to accept the voucher. They wouldn't accept the current legislation. They just cut her off when she mentioned the regulations after telling her there is nothing else he could do.

Probably why they are yet to contact me. They’ve sent two emails saying they will contact me with options. Guess they’re waiting for the law to change so they know that we cant do anything other than accept a voucher.
sir78627/03/2020 19:24

Probably why they are yet to contact me. They’ve sent two emails saying t …Probably why they are yet to contact me. They’ve sent two emails saying they will contact me with options. Guess they’re waiting for the law to change so they know that we cant do anything other than accept a voucher.

Not sure what can be done if they are just refusing to give cash refunds. Which email address did you use? Each we have tried we have got automated replies saying the mailbox isn't monitored.
stubbadub27/03/2020 19:28

Not sure what can be done if they are just refusing to give cash refunds. …Not sure what can be done if they are just refusing to give cash refunds. Which email address did you use? Each we have tried we have got automated replies saying the mailbox isn't monitored.

It wasnt an email address. I spoke to them using the chat system on their website in the contact us area.

The Package Travel Regs does state they have to give a refund within 14 days. I wish i knew about that before i contacted them so i could have mentioned it. Although i imagine they would have ended the chat.

Abta is pushing the gov’t to make a change so that cash refunds are not an option within 14 days as they dont want the industry to go bust. I think it’s gonna go down the way of voucher refunds which if you dont use within a certain time frame (probably 6-9 months) then you may get a cash refund. Gonna be a long wait i think.
I know this thread is a few days old. I had an email a few weeks ago when my flight was cancelled where you had the option to cancel your booking. The email said that they would process and get your money back.
I had an email today where they are now saying how they will help you find an alternative date/holiday. No option for refund. They want you to change your flights with the airline. This seems sneaky to me as once you change the flights with the airline you will become responsible. They booked the flights not me, so they should change them.
I understand the financial implications for them are not good but this just seems they are trying to move the resposibility on to you. There does not seem much in the way of contact options now either.
Based on this, I have spoken to my card provider (Amex) and am going for a section 75 chargeback.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions