Posted 20 November 2009

Loving this 10meg sky broadband

Downloading at 980 kB/sec !!! 2GB in just over 30 mins

While I'm on the subject anyone using the BF2 1.5 patch yet? includes 2 of the booster packs for free.
Community Updates
New Comment

17 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    How d'ya get that? All I get is upto 250/260kbps.
    Author
    kyalion;6949907

How d'ya get that? All I get is upto 250/260kbps.

kB/sec is different to kbps

which is 8028.16 Kbps the speed i'm getting
    You wont be loving it evening and weekends when they slow you down to a crawl as they throttle your bandwidth
    Author
    iNSOMANiAC;6949925

You wont be loving it evening and weekends when they slow you down to a … You wont be loving it evening and weekends when they slow you down to a crawl as they throttle your bandwidth

never happened and they haven't planned to, that only applies to Connect customers (BT broadband)
    nice,downloading anything good at all?
    Author
    boothy;6949967

nice,downloading anything good at all?

Project reality for BF2 :thumbsup:
    Sky's piggyback onto BT's network. When BT's network has bandwidth/congestion - they are prioritised over Sky - and Sky customers suffer.

Most I ever got with Sky was 3Mb down - with O2 and no difference to the phone line etc - I get over 10Mb.

Enjoy your speed while you can, it won't last.
    Author
    dcx_badass;6949961

I get 2500kb/s11GB in 1hr 20 on sunday night.//thread, and I've had BF2 … I get 2500kb/s11GB in 1hr 20 on sunday night.//thread, and I've had BF2 1.5 for about a month, it hasa no-cd built in.

why didn't you tell me!!! :x
    Author
    moob;6950001

Sky's piggyback onto BT's network. When BT's network has … Sky's piggyback onto BT's network. When BT's network has bandwidth/congestion - .

blah blah blah you're not even a customer any more!! :roll:

Sky Connect broadband piggy backs on BT's network

Sky have unbundled 98% of their broadband from BT's
    We shall see !
    Author
    iNSOMANiAC;6950143

We shall see !

I only have 10GB allowance in 18 days I have used 13GB :thumbsup: but according to their website they don't care yet

"You can keep up to date with your broadband usage below. Don’t worry, although we’re displaying your usage here, we will not currently upgrade you to a new package should you go over your usage allowance and you can carry on using your broadband as usual."

As far as I can tell they've upped the allowance, it was going to be 4Gb which I was fuming about
    im on upto 16meg and only get 425kbps download through sky and im not that far from the exchange you must live in it to get the speeds you are
    I think insomniac is one of the illegal download policy,either that or just jealous
    lumoruk;6950031

blah blah blah you're not even a customer any more!! :roll:Sky Connect … blah blah blah you're not even a customer any more!! :roll:Sky Connect broadband piggy backs on BT's networkSky have unbundled 98% of their broadband from BT's

Yeah, I'm not a customer anymore - because it's mince! :lol:
    i only get the 425 cos i moaned at sky to take there piece of software off my account it was suppose to make it run smoother instead it slowed my speed to 200kbps i had a brand new line run into the house 3 months ago when i moved in aswell so no probs there
    Author
    dcx_badass;6952270

Wrong, one 425kbps is a sync speed, and you'd only expact that if you're … Wrong, one 425kbps is a sync speed, and you'd only expact that if you're a good few miles out. I'm 1.5 miles away at home and get 18.5meg. You need to complain.

Their online checkometer says I would only get 5megs on my line but getting 9213 kbps, I'm paying for upto 10meg so they are grossly under selling themselves. I'm 1.3 miles from our exchange

sunsetman;6953219

i only get the 425 cos i moaned at sky to take there piece of software … i only get the 425 cos i moaned at sky to take there piece of software off my account it was suppose to make it run smoother instead it slowed my speed to 200kbps i had a brand new line run into the house 3 months ago when i moved in aswell so no probs there

check your exchange here [url]www.broadband.org[/url]
    im 2.29km from the exchange
's avatar