Low Flow/Water Protection on gas boiler!

Banned 10
Found 19th Sep 2012
I have a code 9 on my gas boiler therefore I have no hot water or ch.

This is what it says in the manual about a code 9:-

The Remeha Avanta Plus has a low-water protection based on temperature readings.

By modulating down as soon as there is a risk of an insufficient water flow, the boiler will keep working for as long as possible.

An insufficient water flow, however caused, - indicated by a flow/return dt ] 45°C or a rate of rise in the flow temperature > 1°C/sec – will be sensed by the ‘abc®’ control which will shut the boiler down in a blocking mode with the display showing (code 9) for 10 minutes and
before re-starting.

Anyone have any ideas on how to correct this problem it has said code 9 for abour 1 hour and 30mins?

Thanks in advance.

10 Comments

Find a big hammer and hit it ?

Original Poster Banned

MisterNecro

Find a big hammer and hit it ?

I am sooo tempted

Original Poster Banned

I am sure we have the wrong boiler for our water pressure

ditch it by a Valiant

Do you have normal water flow through your taps or has the pressure dropped recently?

If the pressure flow is ok, it would appear to be a faulty sensor. I would imagine it to be either a temp. sensor reading too high causing shutdown or a water pressure sensor reading too low causing shutdown.

How old is the boiler? They come with a 5 year guarantee.

Some boilers that automatically shut down have to be reset by the user. Have you referred to the instruction manual?

Original Poster Banned

The Therapist

Do you have normal water flow through your taps or has the pressure … Do you have normal water flow through your taps or has the pressure dropped recently?If the pressure flow is ok, it would appear to be a faulty sensor. I would imagine it to be either a temp. sensor reading too high causing shutdown or a water pressure sensor reading too low causing shutdown.How old is the boiler? They come with a 5 year guarantee.Some boilers that automatically shut down have to be reset by the user. Have you referred to the instruction manual?

My bf has managed to get it working by messing with the water pressure.

It is nearly 2 years old and I have a Remeha engineer coming on monday to check it over.

Just remembered, most boilers have a filling loop whereby if the pressure in the system drops to belo 0.5 bar, it will shut down. There is usually a guage that shows the pressure.

The Therapist

Just remembered, most boilers have a filling loop whereby if the pressure … Just remembered, most boilers have a filling loop whereby if the pressure in the system drops to belo 0.5 bar, it will shut down. There is usually a guage that shows the pressure.

Spot on

DLM

Make sure you have a look at the tap your bf turned to re-pressurise the boiler, so just in case it happens again you know what to do.

The Therapist

Just remembered, most boilers have a filling loop whereby if the pressure … Just remembered, most boilers have a filling loop whereby if the pressure in the system drops to belo 0.5 bar, it will shut down. There is usually a guage that shows the pressure.

DLM

This ^^^^^^^^^ Typically the pressure needs to be about 1.5 bar. Check the dial or booklet to see what your particular boiler's manufacturer recommends.
Dont blow yourself up DLM, who would feed the chickens! oO

Edit: Forgot to add, if the pressure keeps on reducing on a regular basis, you have a leak somewhere in the system and that is why you are losing the pressure. HTH
Edited by: "markq" 22nd Sep 2012

Original Poster Banned

Bloody boiler
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants