http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-40118865
    Makes you sick

Top comments

I bet no one here would sell those tickets on viagogo *cough*
    33 Comments

Unfortunately, I'm not surprised

Almost guarantee most want to sell on too

Banned

Read that earlier. I hope they are all charged with attempted fraud by false representation.

Nice little fine of £500 per head donated to the fund supporting the families & victims.

Sad but nothing surprising these days.

Very scummy behaviour. Not sure what type of person would do that in all honesty. Same goes for the people trying to resell tickets on eBay.

What low lifes!

They should all be charged with attempted fraud as someone else said.

Original Poster

I just find it very disappointing that people should behave in that way. It shows a complete lack of respect and moral compass if you ask me. Those trying to resell tickets at an inflated price disgust me too. £40 to the victims' families, £160 to me. Scum.

They all should be named and shamed (whether individual or business)

Disgusting behaviour

Hoping ebay bans sellers rather than just deleting and other sites (like facebook/gumtree etc) are just as proactive

I bet no one here would sell those tickets on viagogo *cough*

Banned

people will sell them saying " oh we can't make it now".

Just another example of Broken Britain, I'm afraid.

Has anyone seen any for sale on Lokal yet?

The OP did't make it clear what the actual issue is which is nothing to do with reselling a ticket:

"More than 10,000 "unscrupulous" people have falsely claimed they were at the scene of the Manchester attack in order to get free tickets for Sunday's benefit concert, Ticketmaster has said.

RonChew

Just another example of Broken Britain, I'm afraid. Has anyone seen any … Just another example of Broken Britain, I'm afraid. Has anyone seen any for sale on Lokal yet?

I just looked, none (none on ebay when I checked either)

Did find this obvious scam for champions league tickets, sites obviously well policed!

https://uk.lokal.com/i/2017-uefa-champions-league-final-1609

uk.lokal.com/i/u…084

As others have said nothing surprises me anymore total scum and should all be named & shamed but i doubt they would care anyway. Glad my parents brought me up the right way and i have passed that onto my kids.

Original Poster

How much clearer could I have made it? Reselling is bad enough but my post was about people claiming falsely to have been there to get free tickets

Original Poster

Agharta

The OP did't make it clear what the actual issue is which is nothing to … The OP did't make it clear what the actual issue is which is nothing to do with reselling a ticket:"More than 10,000 "unscrupulous" people have falsely claimed they were at the scene of the Manchester attack in order to get free tickets for Sunday's benefit concert, Ticketmaster has said.

Not sure how much clearer I could've made it than I did

It was obvious it was gonna happen as sadly in this world we have sick backward **** that are happy to cause this **** and then we have sick backward **** trying to take advantage of these things.

Today what I found sad but amazing is the amount of people that tried to get tickets but couldn't.

It could be held in an arena that held a million and it would be sold out. Many times I look at this country and it breaks my heart but other times I look and there isn't a country on earth that come together like a fist.

Original Poster

jax619

It was obvious it was gonna happen as sadly in this world we have sick … It was obvious it was gonna happen as sadly in this world we have sick backward **** that are happy to cause this **** and then we have sick backward **** trying to take advantage of these things.Today what I found sad but amazing is the amount of people that tried to get tickets but couldn't. It could be held in an arena that held a million and it would be sold out. Many times I look at this country and it breaks my heart but other times I look and there isn't a country on earth that come together like a fist.

How very true. Just look at live aid.

The person must make the representation with the intention of making a gain or causing loss or risk of loss to another. The gain or loss does not actually have to take place. A representation is defined as false if it is untrue or misleading and the person making it knows that it is, or might be, untrue or misleading.
    http://www.cps.gov.uk/legal/d_to_g/fraud_act/
    Arrest them......for fraud and for benefiting from terrorism?

Original Poster

splender

The person must make the representation with the intention of making a … The person must make the representation with the intention of making a gain or causing loss or risk of loss to another. The gain or loss does not actually have to take place. A representation is defined as false if it is untrue or misleading and the person making it knows that it is, or might be, untrue or misleading.http://www.cps.gov.uk/legal/d_to_g/fraud_act/Arrest them......for fraud and for benefiting from terrorism?

Normally I would say they are scrum and not worth my attention. In a case where they are trying to benefit from the tragedy that happened, they are below scum. How anyone can want to benefit from such terrible circumstances is beyond me.

Original Poster

splender

The person must make the representation with the intention of making a … The person must make the representation with the intention of making a gain or causing loss or risk of loss to another. The gain or loss does not actually have to take place. A representation is defined as false if it is untrue or misleading and the person making it knows that it is, or might be, untrue or misleading.http://www.cps.gov.uk/legal/d_to_g/fraud_act/Arrest them......for fraud and for benefiting from terrorism?

Normally I would say they are scrum and not worth my attention. In a case where they are trying to benefit from the tragedy that happened, they are below scum. How anyone can want to benefit from such terrible circumstances is beyond me.

I expected a few chancers. The fact it was 10,000 is beyond random opportunists. It shows systematic greed and contempt for how we should live. I 100% agree that they should be prosecuted.
    Anyone got a petition going? Would be very surprised if there wasn't one started already.

psychobitchfromhell

Well to be honest the article is very clear, though I'd already read it. However your opening post was a link. Which seems to be a trend here these days. So you didn't explain anything without click bait. Not here to argue so will say no more.

Original Poster

[quoo[/quote]

Oneday77

Well to be honest the article is very clear, though I'd already read it. … Well to be honest the article is very clear, though I'd already read it. However your opening post was a link. Which seems to be a trend here these days. So you didn't explain anything without click bait. Not here to argue so will say no more.

Title is clear but scum is scum so let's leave it at that.

Nothing surprises me anymore when money is involved, them lot are all they same and will scam anyone in a heartbeat

When you read some of these comments and people are more concerned with the selling rather than the false claiming (face palm)

psychobitchfromhell

It assumes that people knew that free tickets were being offered to those at the original concert which I wasn't aware of so the term fraudulent didn't mean anything to me.
    Then people were going on about selling the tickets being a bad thing so I was in the dark until I clicked the link.

Original Poster

Agharta

It assumes that people knew that free tickets were being offered to those … It assumes that people knew that free tickets were being offered to those at the original concert which I wasn't aware of so the term fraudulent didn't mean anything to me.Then people were going on about selling the tickets being a bad thing so I was in the dark until I clicked the link.

I think the majority knew and were trying to make a quick buck

psychobitchfromhell

I think the majority knew and were trying to make a quick buck

I'm sure everyone who claimed they were at the concert knew if they were or not.

Original Poster

Agharta

I'm sure everyone who claimed they were at the concert knew if they were … I'm sure everyone who claimed they were at the concert knew if they were or not.

Which leaves ten thousand people who are lower than low. Saddens me to think people would think thatcway

iwashere20001st Jun

people will sell them saying " oh we can't make it now". How can this be …people will sell them saying " oh we can't make it now". How can this be a happening, when you can't get a ticket unless you quote your original tickets serial number!. It's BS!. Don't be so gullible fgs, I am from Manchester and I don't even want to go if you offered the ticket for free I would say no thanks! Go and talk about something else please I'm sick of this it's sick!

it really is time to press the reset botton
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. miikeyblue and shabbird's (but mostly shabbird's) Tuesday night pub quiz!523461
      2. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …285997
      3. Meerkat Movies (2 for 1 Cinema Codes) | Official Trading Thread416814130
      4. What is there free to do in your town?611

See more discussions