Low pressure - Shower help

Found 28th Feb 2009
My shower has recently began to get a low power light. The shower works every now and again, but then the light comes on and it will go cold and then start to trickle out. If i turn the cold tap on for a couple of mins while the cold water runs from the shower, the low power light will turn off and hot water will come out again, for a few mins of course.

Anyone has this problem before?. Is there anything i can try before calling a plumber out?.

Thanks in advance.

Shower is a , Mira - essentials

1. Misc
  2. Shower
Groups
  1. Misc
  2. Shower
3 Comments

Sounds like a water pressure problem?, is there a filter inside the unit that's got blocked up with muck? Is the water pressure at the tap okay?

is it a electric shower, if so it could be a element that's packed up

I had a simlar problem last year, water just trickling out.... before I could get around to looking at the problem, it burned itself out.
When refitting a new unit I discovered the filter was blocked with lime scale, had I looked earlier I could have saved myself over £100.
The filter should be on pipe that enters the shower unit, don`t forget to switch off elecric and water before inspecting!
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Massive reductions on PSVR units - UK next?69
    2. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7771897
    3. PlayStation VR is the number 1 selling product on Amazon right now1638
    4. Without saying how old you are, Name one thing from your childhood someone …70119

See more discussions