Groups

Low pressure - Shower help

My shower has recently began to get a low power light. The shower works every now and again, but then the light comes on and it will go cold and then start to trickle out. If i turn the cold tap on for a couple of mins while the cold water runs from the shower, the low power light will turn off and hot water will come out again, for a few mins of course.

Anyone has this problem before?. Is there anything i can try before calling a plumber out?.

Thanks in advance.

Shower is a , Mira - essentials

3 Comments

Sounds like a water pressure problem?, is there a filter inside the unit that's got blocked up with muck? Is the water pressure at the tap okay?

is it a electric shower, if so it could be a element that's packed up

I had a simlar problem last year, water just trickling out.... before I could get around to looking at the problem, it burned itself out.
    When refitting a new unit I discovered the filter was blocked with lime scale, had I looked earlier I could have saved myself over £100.
    The filter should be on pipe that enters the shower unit, don`t forget to switch off elecric and water before inspecting!
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Win a luxury five-star break for two in Paris with Le Bristol Paris and Eur…67
      2. Win a Davosa Ternos Submariner Wristwatch worth £64545
      3. Win a flagship smartphone - the HTC U1134
      4. Magazine competitions - Issue 39 @ tvchoicemagazine.co.uk66

See more discussions