Low profile micro sd card adapter?

Found 16th Mar 2016
Good evening fellow HotukDeals'ers

Recently bought myself a cheap netbook/laptop from PC world for a secondary PC, this one in fact:
pcworld.co.uk/gbu…tml

It's only got 32GB eMMC onboard storage so I'd like to add an SD card to add some storage. I have a spare 64GB micro SD card so I was hoping to use that. However, the adapter sticks out a fair bit (about half a standard SD adapter sticks out from the port).

Could anybody please recommend a cheap low profile adapter which should sit flush with the chassis of the netbook? Seen a few for raspberry pi's but I think they would still protrude from the netbook chassis as they seem to be varying lengths. Hoping to spend less than a fiver, seen some for £10+ but for a passive adapter, that seems expensive..

Thanks in advance
Community Updates
AskCardMicro SDSD Card
3 Comments
When you say adapter stick are you talking about USB or micro SD to SD adapter which is the size of a standard SD card?
Apple's obsession for marketing everything thin means that Macbooks have similar problem
Here's one from the Far East:
ebay.co.uk/itm…727?ssPageName=ADME:X:AAQ:GB:1123
A search for "Micro SD Card Adapter Short" on ebay should get find you some more although the cheapest UK supplier was £4+.
These are designed for Macbooks so you may have to cut the bevel off though. The black ones which come up with the search term might be better.
Original Poster
joedastudd

When you say adapter stick are you talking about USB or micro SD to SD … When you say adapter stick are you talking about USB or micro SD to SD adapter which is the size of a standard SD card?

​a micro sd to standard sd adapter. the port on the netbook is a full sd card slot but i have a spare micro sd card so makes sense to use ir rather than buy a new standard sd card
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants