Low recycle price for OnePlus 3T - why?

Hello.. thought i would post this to see if anyone knows why this is showing..

My phone has died to i decided to clear my o2 refresh contract and ordered a OnePlus 3T 128GB
The phone value on the site was £432.
I logged back into my account to check it went through and noticed the recycle amount for the oneplus is £75!
This seems ridiculous. Does anyone know why? is it just a demand thing?

Im a bit concerned ive made a bad investment...

9 Comments

Cause it's a Chinese phone/slightly unknown brand imo.

Original Poster

GlesgaNed

Cause it's a Chinese phone/slightly unknown brand imo.

hm ok.. so demand is lower than other phones?..

don't worry it's a great phone, i did the same as you and I'm so glad i did. one of the best phones I've ever had.

Original Poster

fullyloadedfish

don't worry it's a great phone, i did the same as you and I'm so glad i … don't worry it's a great phone, i did the same as you and I'm so glad i did. one of the best phones I've ever had.

thanks for the reassurance! I researched it for days, seems like a great phone.. the recycle value was just a bit of a shock!

buy the phone to use, not to sell! it's a great phone, you won't regret it

From what I've heard isn't this 02 refresh thingy meant to crap on your credit score if not done correctly? So many loop holes init that turn me off. Cancelling it etc
Edited by: "machomansavage" 20th Mar

I was a bit apprehensive about buying a Oneplus 3 last year with it being Chinese and some people saying they've had trouble with aftercare etc. But I've had it nearly a year now and it's the best phone I've ever had.

Software updates all the time, we got nougat the first week in January. The battery is great and it never seems to slow down no matter what I do on it.

It's one of two things - expected depletion of value whilst the device is in their possession and the value of parts. iPhones tend to get the best prices from recyclers as there is always demand for parts as well as the devices themselves, where devices like the Oneplus 3T in the grand scheme of things are not popular (even if Forums like this might have us believe they are). Even LG and suchlike don't get very good recycle prices.

I would just enjoy the phone and not dwell on that. Niche devices like the 3T are best sold privately on HUKD or other tech forums rather than recycled.

Original Poster

In case anyone reads this in the future my 3T crapped out for no reason after a month
I had to send it back to o2 for repair. Some kind of screen fault. Not too impressed so far.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Laser eye surgery33
    2. Selling advice33
    3. Kia Rio 1.0 T-GDI (petrol) vs Rio 1.4 CRDI (diesel)711
    4. Job Centre sending text to confirm appointment33

See more discussions