Low spend or no buy 2018

Found 7th Jan
Hello anyone

Is anyone else doing a no buy 2018 ( except essentials or minimal eg if somethng breaks)?

I'm trying this with minimalism this year though will be tough. Food and essential clothes and any other essentials excluded.

By buying only what' required you maximise bank balance and always have more to spend when you really need it and can buy better quality items that don't break so easily.

1. Ask
Groups
  1. Ask
14 Comments

I do that every year, then boom, black friday lol.

I do that all the time and avoid the so called sales like Black Friday as you pay more than you would a few weeks before!

Depends what you class as essential. Certainly don't buy unless I get a good deal but is a puppy really essential? I can kid myself it is.

cmdr_elito7 m ago

I do that all the time and avoid the so called sales like Black Friday as …I do that all the time and avoid the so called sales like Black Friday as you pay more than you would a few weeks before!

Depends. I waited a whole year for the Bosch Ixo to go back to £19.99. I tend to fill my amazon basket with stuff I want and watch the price till it drops to where I want it to be. If you use BF for impulse buying then I agree 100%, you're most likely getting conned.

this is HUKD you know, this goal is completely inachievable if you use this site

Top Tip if u are looking to avoid buying unnecessary items/services
AVOID HUKD

Shengis2 h, 4 m ago

Depends. I waited a whole year for the Bosch Ixo to go back to £19.99. I …Depends. I waited a whole year for the Bosch Ixo to go back to £19.99. I tend to fill my amazon basket with stuff I want and watch the price till it drops to where I want it to be. If you use BF for impulse buying then I agree 100%, you're most likely getting conned.

Probably 90% of people buy on impulse on BF. There will be some like you that wait, I be honest there was a couple of things I waited for and then didn’t buy as there were more expensive than before BF. There weren’t very many deals most shops put their prices up in the 4 weeks running up to BF and then reduced it to more than it was pre November. Now they are complaining their sales are down, they did it to themselves trying to rip us off chasing high margins. Stack it high sell it cheap!!

Like many other things, spending is a habit. Learning to break the habit is very hard, especially with the constant bombardment of advertising etc, however it can be done.

i am not a big spender and think before purchase, but not buying anything at all is a bit too much to ask unless i was skint.

Shengis2 h, 37 m ago

I do that every year, then boom, black friday lol.

You make it to black Friday?
I would say your doing better than 99.99% of hukd users.

I'm a careful spender. I don't buy on impulse but if I do decide I want to buy something, I'll make sure I get the best price. For me the trick is to know what things normally cost on a day to day basis. That way you aren't pulled in to snap decisions and so called bargains that are nothing of the sort.

Not me - although I am trying to resist buying things I don't really need - almost purchased a guitar, amp and other accessories, but it would be another thing I start for a year and then not use.

Almost bought another watch (I have five I use regularly, but wanted a blue face one), had to tell myself "you don't really need it".

Original Poster

There a differnce if you really want something then of course buy it..

But number of things I've bought that have either broke or I haven't used is many

Warren buffet says spend what you have left after saving...he is billionaire

Many of the costs come from owning too much stuff both physical work needed to keep them tidy and clean and money costs eg needing bigger house costing more and more to heat

Original Poster

Watch videos about minimalism.....you follow it how you want...doesn' need to be to any extreme
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants