Lowering of Site Standards

Posted 7th Jan
What has happened to this once great site, all I'm seen lately is deal after deal of store specific Christmas reductions being posted. Out of Stock items are being posted as they "may be in store" and a number of expert seem to post anything and everything , good deals or not, Standards have certainly slipped in the past few months .
Community Updates
Misc
Top comments
psychobitchfromhell07/01/2020 15:57

It's just after christmas, is it a surprise that there are post Christmas …It's just after christmas, is it a surprise that there are post Christmas reductions? Have a look n July and I bet you won't find a single reduced advent calendar

39616840-BdM6a.jpg
It's just after christmas, is it a surprise that there are post Christmas reductions? Have a look n July and I bet you won't find a single reduced advent calendar
1200 degrees for 10p train tickets that hasn't gone live yet, so no one knows what dates, how many are actually available, what routes or anything. Great voting there!
38 Comments
deleted2423096
Nothing new to see here, move along, move along....
bruh calm down fam
What has happened to this once great site, all I'm seen lately is moan after moan. Oh wait...
Lots of food /Confectionary reduction posts....
AndyRoyd07/01/2020 14:56

What has happened to this once great site, all I'm seen lately is moan …What has happened to this once great site, all I'm seen lately is moan after moan. Oh wait...

Always the ones that contribute very little to the site trying to be clever
I agree, don’t forget people asking stupid questions they could google or ask the company or even worse medical questions...
oscarcat07/01/2020 15:45

Always the ones that contribute very little to the site trying to be clever

hmm

Can’t be taking about
@AndyRoyd he has over 10,000 comments and is often found contributing on discussion and deals.
I preferred the glory days of over a decade ago when you could pick up misprices etc. Now it will result in thousands of orders swiftly followed by cancellations...very swiftly followed by people thinking they can say "ombudsman, ombudsman, ombudsman" and get a £500 voucher.
@oscarcat

What would like to see more of deals wise.

I think new contributors need to be encouraged but often folks are quite rude on newbies deals.

Its hard when your new to posting and then it can put you off

Those store specific deals can be absolute gems to those near by.

You can filter out local deals
smashed07/01/2020 15:49

I preferred the glory days of over a decade ago when you could pick up …I preferred the glory days of over a decade ago when you could pick up misprices etc. Now it will result in thousands of orders swiftly followed by cancellations...very swiftly followed by people thinking they can say "ombudsman, ombudsman, ombudsman" and get a £500 voucher.

Had quite few cancellations recently

You win some you lose some but you’ve got a give a shot to be in it to win it.
Edited by: "myusernamehasgone234" 7th Jan
It's just after christmas, is it a surprise that there are post Christmas reductions? Have a look n July and I bet you won't find a single reduced advent calendar
Yep site has took a nose dive . It's seems to be paid promotions and not actual deals .

It's just after christmas, is it a surprise that there are post Christmas …It's just after christmas, is it a surprise that there are post Christmas reductions? Have a look n July and I bet you won't find a single reduced advent calendar

There you go again with that common sense nonsense of yours ! Hope you and your son had a good Christmas
tinkerbellian07/01/2020 16:24

There you go again with that common sense nonsense of yours ! Hope you and …There you go again with that common sense nonsense of yours ! Hope you and your son had a good Christmas

We had a quiet one thanks Tinkerbell. And you?
psychobitchfromhell07/01/2020 16:29

We had a quiet one thanks Tinkerbell. And you?

All good this end , daughter finally completed on her house in November , a few months of work to get done before they move in . Nice to have fitted in a last family Christmas before she moves out .
tinkerbellian07/01/2020 16:34

All good this end , daughter finally completed on her house in November , …All good this end , daughter finally completed on her house in November , a few months of work to get done before they move in . Nice to have fitted in a last family Christmas before she moves out .

Good news then. Hope it all gets done sooner rather than later
1200 degrees for 10p train tickets that hasn't gone live yet, so no one knows what dates, how many are actually available, what routes or anything. Great voting there!
I tried to post a deal at Asda before Xmas but it wasn't allowed because Asda is a 'banned merchant', whatever that means, so you might have noticed there haven't been any Asda deals for some time. This site has certainly gone downhill, too many bulk buy deals at Amazon which aren't a good deal at all, but voted hot by the Amazon junkies, why so many memory card deals? (if there are so many they're not really a deal). There are still good deals posted but you have to trawl through so much dross to find them.
geoffs1107/01/2020 16:56

I tried to post a deal at Asda before Xmas but it wasn't allowed because …I tried to post a deal at Asda before Xmas but it wasn't allowed because Asda is a 'banned merchant', whatever that means, so you might have noticed there haven't been any Asda deals for some time. This site has certainly gone downhill, too many bulk buy deals at Amazon which aren't a good deal at all, but voted hot by the Amazon junkies, why so many memory card deals? (if there are so many they're not really a deal). There are still good deals posted but you have to trawl through so much dross to find them.

Suspended for self promotion, not allowed as per the rules they will be back just like carparts4less and even Amazon before them.
eslick07/01/2020 17:58

Suspended for self promotion, not allowed as per the rules they will be …Suspended for self promotion, not allowed as per the rules they will be back just like carparts4less and even Amazon before them.

Quite often suspended for not paying their referral fees too. It is all about the profit for this site and not the users, not knocking it that is after all the bottom line of this site profit with minimal input as in every business I suppose
Upisdown07/01/2020 18:28

Quite often suspended for not paying their referral fees too. It is all …Quite often suspended for not paying their referral fees too. It is all about the profit for this site and not the users, not knocking it that is after all the bottom line of this site profit with minimal input as in every business I suppose

More often it’s not the referral fees, Amazon for example don’t even pay them. The problem is the “partner” deals which are posted by all of the site employees except PEP. They keep telling us they are going to make it known these are partner deals but we are still waiting

asda will be back expect after they become a partner and the sites big hitter will post the first deal like they did for carparts4less
Edited by: "eslick" 7th Jan

39616840-BdM6a.jpg
psychobitchfromhell07/01/2020 18:41

See you in July wongy

I do remember seeing 'discounted' Christmas stuff in the middle of summer once
will have to check back there
This place sold it sole ages ago , pepper deals made it even worse and the influx of people have made it to popular which in turn has ruined it .

But saying that show me a deal site half as good as this ?
Edited by: "ashmac" 7th Jan
It's the same as everything, when it's unheard of it's brilliant then it slowly goes downhill and people will move on to the next thing or site.

Most users have become very toxic in the last year though.
Upisdown07/01/2020 18:28

Quite often suspended for not paying their referral fees too. It is all …Quite often suspended for not paying their referral fees too. It is all about the profit for this site and not the users, not knocking it that is after all the bottom line of this site profit with minimal input as in every business I suppose

We make no secret that the website earn money through referrals but I feel you neeed to know that we never have suspended a single merchant for not paying 'referral fees' and can I also add, based on your thinking of exactly how this site works, how does that explain that we have so many instore only deals posted.
Hotukdeals is first and foremost about Deals, and yes, great, it earns money through some of them but there really is no big conspiracy. Sorry to disappoint.
andywedge07/01/2020 23:53

We make no secret that the website earn money through referrals but I feel …We make no secret that the website earn money through referrals but I feel you neeed to know that we never have suspended a single merchant for not paying 'referral fees' and can I also add, based on your thinking of exactly how this site works, how does that explain that we have so many instore only deals posted. Hotukdeals is first and foremost about Deals, and yes, great, it earns money through some of them but there really is no big conspiracy. Sorry to disappoint.

ashmac07/01/2020 23:10

This place sold it sole ages ago , pepper deals made it even worse and the …This place sold it sole ages ago , pepper deals made it even worse and the influx of people have made it to popular which in turn has ruined it . But saying that show me a deal site half as good as this ?

just saying but why is the word 'soul' so hard to spell ?
yes I know I am the last person to ask being seemingly incapable of spelling
too and to/your and and you are and the rest

just seems odd to me
Wongy11008/01/2020 00:08

just saying but why is the word 'soul' so hard to spell ? yes …just saying but why is the word 'soul' so hard to spell ? yes I know I am the last person to ask being seemingly incapable of spelling too and to/your and and you are and the rest just seems odd to me

39620034-sj0c3.jpg
myusernamehasgone23407/01/2020 15:50

@oscarcat Those store specific deals can be absolute gems to those near by.

Do you have any idea how many towns and cities there are in the UK? Just a quick google search shows there are 91 large towns with a population above 75,000, 347 medium-sized towns with a population between 20,000 and 75,000, and 748 small towns with a population between 5,000 and 20,000.

You don't have a cat in hells chance of a decent deal popping up near you. Why the hell are these local goose chase "Deals" regularly getting over 1000 heat? I agree with the poster. this site is now a bit of a joke.
myusernamehasgone23408/01/2020 01:23

[Image]

39620174-Fb85c.jpg

*8. At the Army base, a bass was painted on a bass drum.
*13. The two were too close to the door to close it.

14. The buck does funny things when does are present.
15. They sent a sewer down to stitch a tear in the sewer line.
16. To help with planting, the farmer taught his sow to sow.
17. The wind was too strong to wind the sail.
18. After a number of Novocain injections, my lips got number.
19. I shed a tear over a tear in my shirt.
20. I had to subject the subject to a number of tests.
21. How can I intimate this to my most intimate friends?
22. I spent last evening evening out a pile of dirt.
23. (From @panddda) I resent the recent code that they resent.

[ hotukdeals.com/com…218 ]
[ hotukdeals.com/com…984 ]
[ hotukdeals.com/com…549 ]
Edited by: "fanpages" 10th Jan
anthony.james08/01/2020 01:58

Do you have any idea how many towns and cities there are in the UK? Just a …Do you have any idea how many towns and cities there are in the UK? Just a quick google search shows there are 91 large towns with a population above 75,000, 347 medium-sized towns with a population between 20,000 and 75,000, and 748 small towns with a population between 5,000 and 20,000.You don't have a cat in hells chance of a decent deal popping up near you. Why the hell are these local goose chase "Deals" regularly getting over 1000 heat? I agree with the poster. this site is now a bit of a joke.

I’m really lucky then as @Headingley_Lad is always posting great deals near me as well as others peoplewhich I’m thankful for.

just saying but why is the word 'soul' so hard to spell ? yes …just saying but why is the word 'soul' so hard to spell ? yes I know I am the last person to ask being seemingly incapable of spelling too and to/your and and you are and the rest just seems odd to me

it’s a online forum not a comprehensive test .

Blame my phone
Edited by: "ashmac" 8th Jan

This place sold it sole ages ago , pepper deals made it even worse and the …This place sold it sole ages ago , pepper deals made it even worse and the influx of people have made it to popular which in turn has ruined it . But saying that show me a deal site half as good as this ?

Really? Can't remember the last time I saw a good deal on fish.

Bloomin' freeloading people & they ability to suck the life out of any party.

...and and?

miikeyblue08/01/2020 07:15

Really? Can't remember the last time I saw a good deal on fish.

Are you codding, or was that a red herring?

Two parrots were sat on a perch.
One turns to the other & says, "Do you smell fish?".

Too soon? Right plaice; wrong time.

Smelling pistakes keep me busy.
andywedge07/01/2020 23:53

We make no secret that the website earn money through referrals but I feel …We make no secret that the website earn money through referrals but I feel you neeed to know that we never have suspended a single merchant for not paying 'referral fees' and can I also add, based on your thinking of exactly how this site works, how does that explain that we have so many instore only deals posted. Hotukdeals is first and foremost about Deals, and yes, great, it earns money through some of them but there really is no big conspiracy. Sorry to disappoint.

I did not think there was a big conspiracy, but after your defensive interjection I do (winky face disclaimer meaning humor, or is it a double bluff )
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions