Unfortunately, this discussion is no longer valid
Expired

Lufthansa

Posted 21st SepEdited by:"goldy12"
Long story short earlier this year, we experienced some flight disruption with Lufthansa, for which they agreed to pay compensation( which I have in writing). Anyway since they have failed to pay the promised compensation and are totally been ignoring all correspondance, from me.
Looking online it does not appear to be uncommon for them to ignore customers.Wondering if anyone has any experience with this company regarding problems and who is the best point of contact for them
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

14 Comments
U tried the Resolver website?
JulianL21/09/2019 14:34

U tried the Resolver website?

Thank You,
Will see if I can use that, not sure though as they have already started dealing with it weeks ago, it got to the point where they promised the compensation, then ignored ever since.
If they have not responded to your correspondence within 8 weeks, you can escalate this to their ADR (according to Which this is söp)
jamie1521/09/2019 14:55

If they have not responded to your correspondence within 8 weeks, you can …If they have not responded to your correspondence within 8 weeks, you can escalate this to their ADR (according to Which this is söp)

Thank you, will take a look at that
Try tweeting them.
Take them to small claims court. Then keep escalating. It’ll get paid eventually very quickly when a bailiff seizes a plane.
Same here they gave £50 comp after a few weeks.
cmdr_elito21/09/2019 19:44

Take them to small claims court. Then keep escalating. It’ll get paid e …Take them to small claims court. Then keep escalating. It’ll get paid eventually very quickly when a bailiff seizes a plane.

Not so simple as they are a German Company and my understanding ( thou I may be wrong)is you need to go through the German Legal System, which would prove costly and probably be a nightmare
goldy1221/09/2019 20:33

Not so simple as they are a German Company and my understanding ( thou I …Not so simple as they are a German Company and my understanding ( thou I may be wrong)is you need to go through the German Legal System, which would prove costly and probably be a nightmare

Read up on it on MSE you will be able to take them to court In the UK but you probably will get the money before then.
eslick21/09/2019 20:56

Read up on it on MSE you will be able to take them to court In the UK but …Read up on it on MSE you will be able to take them to court In the UK but you probably will get the money before then.

Seize a plane... Now that would be interesting.
Hopefully not the 787 max that was crashing.

How would Brexit effect this?
They must have a UK holding company or subsidiary?
Sammy8622/09/2019 07:00

Seize a plane... Now that would be interesting.Hopefully not the 787 max …Seize a plane... Now that would be interesting.Hopefully not the 787 max that was crashing.How would Brexit effect this?They must have a UK holding company or subsidiary?

Bailiffs do seize planes, it’s happened to most airlines at one time or another following high court action. Easy jet was on tv in can’t pay well take it away. They paid within 1 hour in full.
Thanks for all your suggestions.
Think I may take JulianL advice initially and try Resolver or even try to obtain CEO/Board members emails and contact them directly .
I read somewhere that a lot of Airlines try to 'encourage' people to claim through their travel insurance rather than them.
goldy1222/09/2019 09:40

Thanks for all your suggestions. Think I may take JulianL advice …Thanks for all your suggestions. Think I may take JulianL advice initially and try Resolver or even try to obtain CEO/Board members emails and contact them directly .

Emails are freely available if you have written proof of the compensation then go straight to them

ceoemail.com/s.p…199
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants