Luggage Allowance

due to fly out to prague on friday, ive got a mini suitcase for hand lugage that is 57cm x 40 x 20. there restrcions are maximum dimensions 55x40x20cm. How lenient are they? Dont wanna get stung with some hefty charges.
Thx for all the help in advance.

12 Comments

Depends who the operator is and who is on the check in desk. I watched a Ryanair woman insist that a guy put his hand luggage in the metal gauge and then made him pay for it to go through hold baggage because it sat just above the level by about an inch.... I would have slapped the cow but he paid up about £30 i think.....

Banned

Depends on the airline. Some are more strict than others! (Read... some are complete asses about this and use it to earn extra revenue at every opportunity.)

Be interested to see the replies though. Ive just bought a cheapie from sports direct this morning. Annoyingly the size label has fallen of, though think it was 52cm x 40 x 20. Wasnt sure what the allowances were, but sounds like I'm inside the limit!

Original Poster

forgot to mention im flying with Bmibaby

Original Poster

guv;7700059

Depends on the airline. Some are more strict than others! (Read... some … Depends on the airline. Some are more strict than others! (Read... some are complete asses about this and use it to earn extra revenue at every opportunity.) Be interested to see the replies though. Ive just bought a cheapie from sports direct this morning. Annoyingly the size label has fallen of, though think it was 52cm x 40 x 20. Wasnt sure what the allowances were, but sounds like I'm inside the limit!

How much was the case u brought from sports direct ?

The budget airlines are very srict on hand luggage size at the moment

Banned

demolisher;7700092

How much was the case u brought from sports direct ?

£7.99

Has wheels and long handle too! :w00t:

Ryanair = 55x40x20cm
EasyJet = 55x40x20cm
BA = 56x45x25cm

Original Poster

Thx all for help Repped :thumbsup:

If it will not fit in the BMI Baby cages at check in and boarding gates., then they will put it in as hold luggage and charge accordingly.

Banned

Captain Hook;7700646

Ryanair = 55x40x20cm EasyJet = 55x40x20cm BA = 56x45x25cm

You reminded me to check! I'm flying Singapore Air at the end of March..... their allowance is 55 cm x 40 cm x 20 cm for hand luggage, so seems to be the standard!

Banned

Yikes..... seems like you need to worry more than just the hand luggage size! Just reading again through the ]Singapore Air site, 7KG is the maximum weight! That's a bit worrying!

guv;7704749

, 7KG is the maximum weight! That's a bit worrying!

Yikes indeed, many small cases weigh about 3 to 4 kg. empty.

Even Ryanair allow 10kg.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Veteran TV host Sir Bruce Forsyth dies at 892529
    2. Veteran TV presenter doesn't die but gets damages from the Police - is that…66
    3. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764306
    4. ❅☁☁❅ I want☼to talk☼about the☔WEATHER☔no politics☃no religion❅☁☁❅18846211

See more discussions