Lurpak

Found 17th May
Apologies if this has been asked before....
I’ve started using lurpak coz it’s so yummy on toast. It’s proper expensive for what it is. Has anyone found a cheaper alternative that’s tastes just as good, good as in can’t really tell much difference.

Appreciate any feedback
Community Updates
AskLurpak
17 Comments
Norpak from Aldi
Make your own. Buy double cream and electric whisk it until it turns to butter.

33816576-JEMaM.jpg
Then looking at ingredients add 30% by volume rapeseed oil, a splash of water and a dash of sour milk and a amount of salt to taste.

If it was me id add cream to my own butter and salt as it tastes yummy that way. Also dont put it in the fridge.
There you go you made your own butter, after about a week it will sour if you don't add veg oil etc.
ding9 m ago

2 for £3 in asda [Image]

Plenty of wet signs out there
Danpak is Lidl's Lurpak. Tastes just as good to me and much cheaper (think it was about £1.89 for 500g tub last time I got it).
If you buy the spreadable version then as others have said Norpak and Danpak are very good. I like the Normal un spreadable Lurpak and i have not found anything quite the same. Keep an eye out in the supermarkets for special offers, the other week sainsbury had packs at 1.50
I get my Lurpak from Costco, its much cheaper than the supermarkets, but as its Costco, I never really save any money as there is always something that I never realised that I really need.
Thanks for the comments guys. I’m not sure I fancy trying to make my own, I will give both Aldi & Lidl a try.
nemesiz9 m ago

Supermarket's slightly salted Butter is the comparable version to Lurpak.

Tried a couple of supermarket brands, not found one that I like yet.
Hard times when I’m worrying about juicy toast
nemesiz41 m ago

Supermarket's slightly salted Butter is the comparable version to Lurpak.

No way. Tried a few supermarket butters and nothing like lurpak

Beats me why people buy spreadable butter as 30% of it isn't butter!
chocci16 m ago

No way. Tried a few supermarket butters and nothing like lurpakBeats me …No way. Tried a few supermarket butters and nothing like lurpakBeats me why people buy spreadable butter as 30% of it isn't butter!

I personally don’t really like spread/butter.... a thin spread on a sandwich or none at all. Purely buying lurpak coz I love salty greasy toast.
& no...... not that kind of salt thanks guys
DKLS1 h, 22 m ago

I get my Lurpak from Costco, its much cheaper than the supermarkets, but …I get my Lurpak from Costco, its much cheaper than the supermarkets, but as its Costco, I never really save any money as there is always something that I never realised that I really need.

Tell me about it....popped in on my way home yesterday for orange squash and managed to spend £158
Cakeboy7959 m ago

Tell me about it....popped in on my way home yesterday for orange squash …Tell me about it....popped in on my way home yesterday for orange squash and managed to spend £158

That place is the Devil sometimes. Mines is home bargains or b&m. Go in for one thing & come out with £50 of stuff that I didn’t need
Edited by: "staceybaby" 18th May
Asda has a copy in very similar packaging, i think its great
Norpak at Aldi.
Tastiest butter imo is Grahams lovely creamy taste
nemesiz8 m ago

Did I say that Spreadable butter that contains vegetable oil or water was …Did I say that Spreadable butter that contains vegetable oil or water was butter? No, so don't jump to conclusions. Lurpak is a slightly salted butter, reminiscent to the variety found in Sainburys'. The supermarket stock an unsalted, salted and a slightly salted versions.[Image]

My first sentence was replying to you and my second sentence wasn't. Try learning to read properly before making wrong assumptions
Edited by: "chocci" 18th May
nemesiz7 h, 8 m ago

No assumption at all. You've started a new paragraph, but haven't implied …No assumption at all. You've started a new paragraph, but haven't implied or clarified whether your comments is linked to a completely different post. Rather as you've highlighted my quote it is easy to mistake or imply that the comment is a continuation of the conversation.

Oh quit derailing the thread. Get a room.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants