Luton Airport pickup

Posted 20th May 2019
Any tips on picking up people arriving at Luton Airport. I understand that there is a fee to pay which is fine. But where do people wait before arriving at the airport to get the call that your party has arrived and is waiting to be collected? I saw that there is a long term car park that is free for an hour, but it's not really suitable at it will be late and my daughter will have my 2 young grandchildren with her. Thanks for any ideas, tips
J
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

8 Comments
As you come up to airport. You will see cars heavily parked on the entrance road. People park there & await for a phone call from the person requiring pick up.
Than you can. Enter the short stay pick up car park. You will still pay a fee but it will be a lot ledd
You drive to the long stay carpark and use however much of the free time you need. When your daughter clears customs she can phone you and you can drive to the pickup point. It's £3 for 10 mins (double check that).

So say if the flight lands at 11pm I would aim to get to the long stay carpark for 10:45pm.
I park up here:

Luton Retail Park,
Gipsy Ln,
Luton
LU1 3JH

It has a 24 hour McDonalds and 24 Hour Starbucks. Loads of parking as well.

When the person i am collecting has passed through passport/ customs control they call me and i drive up to the drop off/ pick up point, and they would have had enough time to walk to that area by the time i have driven up to them. £3 cost for this convience.

Alternatively they could walk to the mid stay cark park and call you from there, and you could pick them up for free (you can park for 15 minutes for free in mid term)
Thanks people, i like yours Duggie2000 as I could have a coffee waiting for them, and it looks like it's a 4 mins drive to the airport.
Also get them to go to Pick Up Zone M, N, and upwards its only a few meters walk more.

Reason being, everyone walks out and waits at the nearest Zone A, B, C etc, so there is aways a queue of Cars, but you dont even have to enter them zones you drive straight into the other zones which will be empty pick up and be on your way within seconds.
zirk20/05/2019 16:54

Also get them to go to Pick Up Zone M, N, and upwards its only a few …Also get them to go to Pick Up Zone M, N, and upwards its only a few meters walk more.Reason being, everyone walks out and waits at the nearest Zone A, B, C etc, so there is aways a queue of Cars, but you dont even have to enter them zones you drive straight into the other zones which will be empty pick up and be on your way within seconds.

It's this kind of expert insider knowledge that should be praised.

You are the hero we do not deserve.
Retail park is 5 minutes away. Park there 2 hours free I think. Don’t forgot to take £3 change to get out of pick up area
Luton airport parkway station is also nearby, you can just wait there before heading to the pick up/drop off area.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants