Groups

luxembourg tobacco

Hey all quick question I am thinking of going over for a tobacco run usually I goto adinkerke 1 time a year to last me and ma family but with dropping out of the EU wondered if anything has changed because I was thinking about taking the drive to luxembourg as told its far much cheaper

17 Comments

Yeah because we 'dropped out of the EU' you can't do that anymore...

Still got another 2 years before we're outa the EU. oO

As others have said we are fully paid up member of EU and there are currently no plans in place to exit so everything carries on as normal.

Lux does have some low taxes on baccie and legally the they have to sell it at "stick price" so the same product should be the same cost as everywhere else in the country. Belgium is also pretty cheap....

Original Poster

groenleader

As others have said we are fully paid up member of EU and there are … As others have said we are fully paid up member of EU and there are currently no plans in place to exit so everything carries on as normal.Lux does have some low taxes on baccie and legally the they have to sell it at "stick price" so the same product should be the same cost as everywhere else in the country. Belgium is also pretty cheap....

Are I see don't understand all this EU stuff lol normally I bring back 15packs to last us all do you think it will be worth a extra travel will be bringing a few pals to cut costs doen

bridtown

Are I see don't understand all this EU stuff lol normally I bring back … Are I see don't understand all this EU stuff lol normally I bring back 15packs to last us all do you think it will be worth a extra travel will be bringing a few pals to cut costs doen

Did you vote in the EU referendum?

yes it is far cheaper in lux to buy backy. adinkerke have put prices up bt you can still do a run every now and again. eu won`t have any affect

Original Poster

ipswich78

Did you vote in the EU referendum?

Nope don't really affect me

Original Poster

stoatsville

yes it is far cheaper in lux to buy backy. adinkerke have put prices up … yes it is far cheaper in lux to buy backy. adinkerke have put prices up bt you can still do a run every now and again. eu won`t have any affect

Have you been before? Is there a best easy place to goto?

no i haven`t been to lux so can`t help you there . but being a different country their tax rules make it a very wealthy place .look around and explore because you could find some unexpected bargains.......

Original Poster

stoatsville

no i haven`t been to lux so can`t help you there . but being a different … no i haven`t been to lux so can`t help you there . but being a different country their tax rules make it a very wealthy place .look around and explore because you could find some unexpected bargains.......

**** because it's going to be 6h drive just to get to Dover and haven't got a clue where to go from Calais you know anyone been to give a idea to me

Yip, not left the EU as yet

Sold.

bridtown

Nope don't really affect me

It doesn't affect you, it seems to be affecting you more than most at the moment. Your fag run in danger of being scuppered.

On a serious note, course it effects you, you were just not bothered enough to find out why it would effect you.

bridtown

Are I see don't understand all this EU stuff lol normally I bring back … Are I see don't understand all this EU stuff lol normally I bring back 15packs to last us all do you think it will be worth a extra travel will be bringing a few pals to cut costs doen

I am always rushing about the world as someone put me in charge of car fleets in the EU so sometimes I drive between countries. Just inside Lux. from the Belgium side is a place called "route 66". I think they have website (http://www.route66-tobacco-lux.com/) or at least it has a bit of "legend reputation", its cheap and convenient.

IT HAS A PRICE LIST of some products so you can work out yourself what is a deal for the baccie you want etc.
    Baccie

There is a bit of rule which says that you cant come off the motorway in that part of lux. unless your delivering, to stop lorries coming off the motorway in Lux and hanging out there for the night. I have never got in trouble but do some googling to make sure you know what might occur.

They accept £ (so you can see its popular with the Brits) and € but I think you get a better price for € esp. if you got a good exchange rate, don't know how the rate is right now as it seems a bit up and down.

Hope that helps, have fun!

Golden Virginia 50g £19.32 (tescos etc) in the UK only £6.02 in Lux @ Route 66. so that's a pretty good deal.
    Edited by: "groenleader" 18th Aug 2016

Why not just quit smoking & take your family to Disney World instead

Original Poster

groenleader

I am always rushing about the world as someone put me in charge of car … I am always rushing about the world as someone put me in charge of car fleets in the EU so sometimes I drive between countries. Just inside Lux. from the Belgium side is a place called "route 66". I think they have website (http://www.route66-tobacco-lux.com/) or at least it has a bit of "legend reputation", its cheap and convenient. IT HAS A PRICE LIST of some products so you can work out yourself what is a deal for the baccie you want etc. BaccieThere is a bit of rule which says that you cant come off the motorway in that part of lux. unless your delivering, to stop lorries coming off the motorway in Lux and hanging out there for the night. I have never got in trouble but do some googling to make sure you know what might occur. They accept £ (so you can see its popular with the Brits) and € but I think you get a better price for € esp. if you got a good exchange rate, don't know how the rate is right now as it seems a bit up and down. Hope that helps, have fun!Golden Virginia 50g £19.32 (tescos etc) in the UK only £6.02 in Lux @ Route 66. so that's a pretty good deal.

Thank you so much for your help I will look into it a lot more I think the most horrid part of the trip is the roads coming off the motorway and going on single lane again thank you for your help I will have to do a lot more research before doing the run

I have been to Adinkerke a few times. It is just over the Belgian border and takes us about 40 minutes to drive once out of Calais. Easy trip to make as mainly motorway. Google maps should provide you with details
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. What laptop?33
      2. Car MOT34
      3. House buyer survey?22
      4. best place for fishing tackle?33

See more discussions