Expired

Luxury Hotel Near Manchester

6 replies
Found 10th Oct 2007
HI,

I'm looking for recommendations for a luxury hotel withing 1HRS drive of Manchester.

Needs to be really posh, would love a room with a Jacuzzi

Thanks.

7 Comments

Why within an hours drive? There are some plush 5-Star Hotels in Town now.

Radisson Edwardian is my favourite, but you have also got the Hilton (tallest building in Manchester and great views) and the Lowry as well!

What are you looking for?

Original Poster

looking for something that looks like a presidential suite but doesn't cost as much, would consider anything - maybe even these luxury apartments. Location isn't crucial, country or city centre would be good. Just want a real wow room without breaking the bank too much.

i stayed in the malmaison, room was great considering it was the basic room. They have more expensive rooms but dont think the price would be too much!

Definitely go for The Lowry thelowryhotel.com/ - don't know if you ever get deals on Last Minute.com or anywhere for it but can thoroughly recommend it.

I also stayed at the Malmaison in Manchester which was ok - got a good deal on rooms there through laterooms.com.

Original Poster

thanks,

seems like you need to drop £150-£250 for something wow. When I was in the states you can get something really wow for less than $200

scoopy2scoops

thanks,seems like you need to drop £150-£250 for something wow. When I w … thanks,seems like you need to drop £150-£250 for something wow. When I was in the states you can get something really wow for less than $200

Completely agree with you, you definately get value for your money in the US but i would say that at the moment as the pound has been in my favour recently.

I stay in manchester quite a bit when we go to watch the footie, NOT MAN U!
Personally i think the best hotel in manchester is the Victoria & Albert Hotel which is a Marriott. Expensive but worth every penny. You can get a deluxe room for £139.

I dont know if The Lowry has been taken over but it was not as nice as it used to be and i was quite disappointed :-(

Banned

The dunkenhalgh hotel in Blackburn, within 45 mins of Mnachester, they have a jucuzzi suite. I got married there and its a fantastic hotel, its where all the premiership football players stop when playing Blackburn Rovers or Bolton.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Smacking children is to be banned in Scotland3488
    2. I want to talk about the WEATHER no politics no religion19247667
    3. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7769606
    4. Add one, leave one game54415467

See more discussions