Groups

Lying sales people

How do you make the most serious complaint possible about sales staff, comet, Had an issue with the insurance of something i bought as i was lied to when i went into buy it originally, they are now offering no good will gesture etc to resolve this. However the sales manger then tried to sell me new insurance but again told the same lies as before as well as some new ones. How can i get something done thier level of customer care is disgusting

12 Comments

Complain to Head Office then if your still not satisfied contact trading standards?

heres head office to complain
    cometjobs.co.uk/A/w…spx

they are mis selling insurance - which comes under FSA guidelines

fsa.gov.uk/Pag…tml

might be worth reading a bit here - getting a bit of info before you ring h/o

the2ocan;5082115

Complain to Head Office then if your still not satisfied contact trading … Complain to Head Office then if your still not satisfied contact trading standards?

+1
    Also think about programmes like BBC Watchdog and I think Channel 5 do a similar one, plus your local newspaper - and generally do what you are doing at the moment - raising awareness and telling people of their reputation....

Lets face it - if one of us on here phones up Comet and asks them about why they are doing this or says I hear that your staff are .........

They will get your message!!

The address for Comet customer services is:
    Comet Group PLC Customer Services
    George House,
    George Street
    Hull
    Humberside HU1 3AU

Just found this as well, assuming it was the extended warranty they lied about:
    comet.custhelp.com/cgi…w=1

I called head office to make a complaint about one of their sales staff and nothing was done at all.

I enquired about a reduction on a washing machine I wanted, he said it was ex-display, hence the reduction as it was also last one in stock and they wanted to shift. I told him that was fine, as long as it wasn't a used washer cause I didn't want one that had been used and returned for whatever reason, and he assured me it was brand new. Anyway, he started filling out the paperwork and I went along and opened the little filter flap and water gushed out all over the floor. Opened the machine door and there was water all in the seal. He then had the bare faced cheek to tell me that it was brand new, it was just tested at the factory !!! Yeah, alright mate. Really peeved me off how he could stand there and blatantly tell a lie to my face. :x

tell us the issue we cant really comment until we know the facts

just so you know i work in retail and im lied to every single day by customers spouting all sorts of laws that dont exist unfortunately we cant complain about them

Original Poster

he told me that the insurance they now have, had a deal that worked on a pro rata basis, so if after 2 years you got a replacement you would be reimbursed for the other 3 years cover. Not true at all, he swore it was 3 times. Spoke to the manager, was really sound and sorted me out really well, tried to make amends and promised to deal with the sales person, heard another member of staff say this was typical of him( the sales person) maybe just one bad egg

stevewilsonbahon;5085593

he told me that the insurance they now have, had a deal that worked on a … he told me that the insurance they now have, had a deal that worked on a pro rata basis, so if after 2 years you got a replacement you would be reimbursed for the other 3 years cover. Not true at all, he swore it was 3 times. Spoke to the manager, was really sound and sorted me out really well, tried to make amends and promised to deal with the sales person, heard another member of staff say this was typical of him( the sales person) maybe just one bad egg

and is this in writing ? if you buy insurance if its in 1st year youd be reinbursed after 1 year thats why you bought insurance ,if you hadnt bought it youd be stuffed end of debate saleman done you favour selling it .

Original Poster

Mate this is the problem, used to work in sales, top sales in my region for two years, working part time, key was i always sold honest and gave the customer what they want/need. So a big believer in insurance. Graduated now have a new job. But while i was working i had to waste hours every day dealing with lying scumbag sales people who make up lies to sell stuff. Insurance should be strong enough to sell itself. This sales person i told at the time that he was wrong/ not telling the truth gave him a chance to change his story, he didnt becuase it was more important that he got his small comission rather than actually tell the truth. The law/FSA say you have to tell the truth and cannot mislead selling insurance, big fine if miss-sold. Now what really is galling about your post is the idea that he somehow was doing me a favour, by lying to me to try and make me take insurance. Obviously like him you regard all customers as having some mental deficiency and are incapable of making informed decisions. After i spoke to the manager, got the machine and help i wanted, with the sales person miss valuing my replacement voucher initially by £80 as he didnt read it properly. And then bought insurance becuase i wanted cover not becuase i i believed it would do things that it doesnt. I dont know how some sales people can go home at night and sleep. Annoying thing is the culture of RTFM faults and customers just being seen as bank cards. Without customers there are no jobs for sales people, look at woolies etc. due to poor salespeople and the lack of trust in going into store more people buy online and then we have less stores.

You can make a complaint to trading standards/Office of Fair trading or Financial Services Authority if this is an ongoing problem. Then you need to put your complaint in writing to them too. They have a duty of "treating customers fairly".

Head Office ,trading standards and watchdog do the lot
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Seems that Uber will NOT have it's London Licence Renewed by TFL - declarin…1936
      2. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767295
      3. Beer experts help required!22
      4. word association Game73944500

See more discussions