Lyle and Scott - target market?

Found 4th Jan 2012
I'm looking on the Lyle and Scott website at their tee shirts for a birthday present for someone. I don't know much about the brand... who are they aimed at??
Community Updates
MiscLyle And Scott
13 Comments
Original Poster
What's the general opinion of the brand?
Was primarily a Golf brand which are generally aimed at discerning customers but have made a concerted effort to win the chav market which permeates itself through the 'vintage' range.

The newer range is definitely aimed at the chavonistas.

I prefer the Club and Heritage ranges which are quite classy.
Banned

Was the choice of wear in the 80,s by soccer casuals................. dont,t know about now.

Look at Ralph Lauren instead if you can afford the extra couple quid
Original Poster
Hmmm was wondering if they were a bit chavvy by some of their designs. Shame, as they are quite expensive and these sale prices and the free delivery makes them look quite a good price.
Original Poster
massmail666

yellow eagle = respectableblue eagle (golf range) = chavtastic

What about green eagle??
Green eagle is the golf range Isn't it?
Edited by: "Paddy_o_furniture" 4th Jan 2012
Original Poster
massmail666

yellow eagle = respectablegreen eagle (golf range) = chavtasticEDIT: … yellow eagle = respectablegreen eagle (golf range) = chavtasticEDIT: typo, meant green

Ah ok, so green is chav, Shame, the one I lliked ws green. I guess that makes me a chav?!!

lyleandscott.com/dou…rey
Original Poster

v5535

Was primarily a Golf brand which are generally aimed at discerning … Was primarily a Golf brand which are generally aimed at discerning customers but have made a concerted effort to win the chav market which permeates itself through the 'vintage' range.The newer range is definitely aimed at the chavonistas.I prefer the Club and Heritage ranges which are quite classy.

massmail666

yellow eagle = respectablegreen eagle (golf range) = chavtasticEDIT: … yellow eagle = respectablegreen eagle (golf range) = chavtasticEDIT: typo, meant green

Help!! You are both saying different things! Is green chavvy or not..?
To be fair the whole brand is a bit chavvy now. Heritage would be my choice, I personally wouldn't wear golf/club unless I was playing golf (which I don't).
Original Poster
Ok, ta. Maybe I won't risk it...

Would you wear this, Paddy?

lyleandscott.com/dou…rey
love_a_bargain

Ok, ta. Maybe I won't risk it...Would you wear this, … Ok, ta. Maybe I won't risk it...Would you wear this, Paddy?http://www.lyleandscott.com/double-pocket-polo-shirt//eagle/fcp-product/542?colour=cool-grey

Not to my taste, but that shouldn't stop you buying it. I've some clothes I love but other people find vile my classic flowery paul smith shirt being the one that springs to be mind.
Most people will recognise the screaming budgie as lyle and scott and not the sub categories of the brand.
love_a_bargain

Ok, ta. Maybe I won't risk it...Would you wear this, … Ok, ta. Maybe I won't risk it...Would you wear this, Paddy?http://www.lyleandscott.com/double-pocket-polo-shirt//eagle/fcp-product/542?colour=cool-grey

Green are quite good, it's the Vintage that's harsh.

Though this range is what they're hoping to get the chavs to buy . . wait, it's 'heritage' they've chavved up!

Hmm, like the green eagle nonetheless.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants