Groups

M25

Just seen on the news that the current financial crisis may mean that the widening of the M25 may be put on hold due to lack of cash (i.e they've lent it all to HBOS & Co). Naive person that I am, I always thought that we paid road tax to maintain and improve Britains roads, not bail out a load of irresponsible bankers. None to pleased at the prospect of having to sit in tailbacks for hours for years to come, and wondered whether I should cut out the middleman in future by making cheques for road tax payable directly to HBOS, Barclays, Lloyds TSB or Northern Rock? Reckon that this is only the tip of the iceberg, and wonder how many other critical projects and front line services are going to suffer because of these idiots. Thank god Bush is going in 3 months. Lets hope Brown & co follow suit!!

5 Comments

What happended to using the hard shoulder when traffic is heavy?? I pay a lot more road tax than most people and makes my blood boil that it goes to everything but..........what about Dartford tunnel, was supposed to be free now as the promise to the nation was that once it paid for itself (30 years) the toll would be scrapped.....what did they do?? sold off the rights to the French.!!!

The M25 during peak time is apauling.

Original Poster

Agree Wendyak, Tunnel and bridge should have been free years ago. How did they get away with selling something paid for by the British Tax Payer to the French anyway? They can stick their Dartag up their derrieres.

melanie789;3255429

Agree Wendyak, Tunnel and bridge should have been free years ago. How … Agree Wendyak, Tunnel and bridge should have been free years ago. How did they get away with selling something paid for by the British Tax Payer to the French anyway? They can stick their Dartag up their derrieres.

I didn't even know any of that about the Dartford Tunnel - it was supposed to be free?!? (i am only young)

Robbers I tell you! :x

Banned

melanie789;3255429

Agree Wendyak, Tunnel and bridge should have been free years ago. How … Agree Wendyak, Tunnel and bridge should have been free years ago. How did they get away with selling something paid for by the British Tax Payer to the French anyway? They can stick their Dartag up their derrieres.

Just another excuse to fleece the motorist. When the toll was introduced, it was meant to be scrapped once they had collected enough revenue to cover the construction costs. Obviously they must have been referring to other construction costs - because that bridge has been paid for several times over.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …3931590
      2. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764606
      3. Jeremy Corbyn #traingate12
      4. ❅☁☁❅ I want☼to talk☼about the☔WEATHER☔no politics☃no religion❅☁☁❅18846336

See more discussions