Groups

M25 - the 'Fast drive' is over

I travel on M25 everyday and it's never been great, especially around Heathrow(J16). A few weeks back they started to do some work between J16 & J17, but I've never paid any attention to it until this morning when I saw several pillars for those average speed cameras.
    Anyway, I've searched the internet today only to find out, that they are doing widening between J16 & J19 - for following 58weeks. I'm scared to even think what it will do with, already bad, traffic.

Link in the first post

11 Comments

Banned

It's sad when CBRD has more information on schemes than HA lol.

Banned

Damned if they do, damned if they don't!

Yes it will make things worse whilst its happening, but there is no magic formula to widen roads. Just hope the widening will be enough..... but I doubt it will.

Original Poster

vibeone;5081393

It's sad when CBRD has more information on schemes than HA lol.

Good point, but it doesn't surprise me :thumbsup:

The averaging cameras might actually help traffic whilst the works are being carried out - traffic tends to travel more steadily (and faster) as everyone keeps at a steady 50mph pace,

Original Poster

guv;5081419

Damned if they do, damned if they don't!Yes it will make things worse … Damned if they do, damned if they don't!Yes it will make things worse whilst its happening, but there is no magic formula to widen roads. Just hope the widening will be enough..... but I doubt it will.

I think they should do it, but not only 4 lanes - make it 5

jah128;5081464

The averaging cameras might actually help traffic whilst the works are … The averaging cameras might actually help traffic whilst the works are being carried out - traffic tends to travel more steadily (and faster) as everyone keeps at a steady 50mph pace,

Keeping my fingers crossed

OUCH!!

I too travel on the "big car park" every day between junctions 16 and 11 (absolutely HATE IT!!!).
    Why is it always between those junctions that the traffics sh1t!!!!!
    Also, why is it that the traffic is nearly always good on a Monday????
    Do u find that?

Original Poster

magough;5081700

OUCH!!I too travel on the "big car park" every day between junctions 16 … OUCH!!I too travel on the "big car park" every day between junctions 16 and 11 (absolutely HATE IT!!!).Why is it always between those junctions that the traffics sh1t!!!!!Also, why is it that the traffic is nearly always good on a Monday????Do u find that?

Good traffic on Monday?!? Mondays & Thursdays are the biggest nightmare for me. It's all about how people drive (changing lanes, speeding up and then heavy breaking etc.)

The best one so far was lorry in the fast lane on the m4 a couple of weeks ago ... WTH was he thinking :x

Banned

move to Scotland or suck it up
    not moaning that you got all sports and events down there are you
    cheaper flights
    better paid jobs
    STOP MOANING OR MOVE YOUR CHOICE

herewego1234;5083233

move to Scotland or suck it upnot moaning that you got all sports and … move to Scotland or suck it upnot moaning that you got all sports and events down there are youcheaper flightsbetter paid jobsSTOP MOANING OR MOVE YOUR CHOICE

Better paid jobs? Where??? The cost of living is sky high! Can't afford to fly anywhere, even if they are cheaper! Can't move even if I wanted to, houses aren't selling!!

I live near junction 19, parents live at 18 and husband works near 17 so the next 58 weeks are going to be fun! :whistling:

Original Poster

herewego1234;5083233

move to Scotland or suck it upnot moaning that you got all sports and … move to Scotland or suck it upnot moaning that you got all sports and events down there are youcheaper flightsbetter paid jobsSTOP MOANING OR MOVE YOUR CHOICE

Yes Sir!

LJC79;5084928

Better paid jobs? Where??? The cost of living is sky high! Can't afford … Better paid jobs? Where??? The cost of living is sky high! Can't afford to fly anywhere, even if they are cheaper! Can't move even if I wanted to, houses aren't selling!!I live near junction 19, parents live at 18 and husband works near 17 so the next 58 weeks are going to be fun! :whistling:

I live near junction 19 too Well the traffic is bad as it is, don't even want to think what's going to happen over next year or so ...
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Xiaomi redmi note 4 firmware47
      2. Bathroom suites22
      3. Unfair Dismissal22
      4. Ap on iPhone ios1144

See more discussions