Groups

M3 or D3?

M3 or D3?

16 Comments

whats a D3?

Original Poster

BMW M3 or BMW Alpina D3

Original Poster

http://www.dymee.com/wp-content/plugins/wp-o-matic/200909-2/b5451_BMW_M3_Coupe_06.jpg

http://s2.desktopmachine.com/pics/BMW_D3_415-1024.jpg

Heard of M3 (obviously), and M3 CSL, but not the D3. M3 is awesome car, but if the D3 is a rare car i would go for that, just for the exclusivety factor, as there are a fair few M3's, and M3 fakes on the road.

Well you can't get a distinction without meeting the M3 criteria. So do the M3 first and then have a look at the D3 again later...

*insert above joke*

Dislike the wheels on the Alpina, and the overall look compared to the M3. That M3 does look AMAZING! Although if the D3 came in a coupe version like the M3 it would look alot better. All 5 door cars look stupid.

Original Poster

Ruscoe21

Heard of M3 (obviously), and M3 CSL, but not the D3. M3 is awesome car, … Heard of M3 (obviously), and M3 CSL, but not the D3. M3 is awesome car, but if the D3 is a rare car i would go for that, just for the exclusivety factor, as there are a fair few M3's, and M3 fakes on the road.

Yeah sorry should have made it clearer.

Thanks Ruscoe, appreciated.

I'd love the M3, but the D3 has that something that makes it special.

Its that decision where head or your heart?

Defo d3 in my opinion - see less of them on the road

Original Poster

Brayster

Defo d3 in my opinion - see less of them on the road

It has got that extra something..

The D3 is the more sensible option, but the M3 has that high performance factor!

R2d2

Nah - D3.

doritos

Yeah sorry should have made it clearer.Thanks Ruscoe, appreciated.I'd … Yeah sorry should have made it clearer.Thanks Ruscoe, appreciated.I'd love the M3, but the D3 has that something that makes it special.Its that decision where head or your heart?

If there is a coupe version of the D3 get that. 5 door looks horrible on any car. Are you buying from new or second hand?

Original Poster

Ruscoe21

If there is a coupe version of the D3 get that. 5 door looks horrible on … If there is a coupe version of the D3 get that. 5 door looks horrible on any car. Are you buying from new or second hand?

Hi,

An interesting link

carmagazine.co.uk/New…es/

I would be buying 6 months-1year old.

EDIT: whether you can actually get one mind..
    Edited by: "doritos" 28th Jan 2011

doritos

Hi,An interesting … Hi,An interesting linkhttp://www.carmagazine.co.uk/News/Search-Results/First-Official-Pictures/BMW-Alpina-D3-Bi-Turbo-Coupe-first-pictures/I would be buying 6 months-1year old.

Cool. New cars = waste of money. I swear you can get a second hand Audi R8 for about 60k now.

Also some of the M3's come with paddle shift gear box. Defiently worth investing in. I love it in my GTI.

Neither M5 all day long !

D3 all the way - its special. Better still B10 V8s!

G6 is best
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Win a Davosa Ternos Submariner Wristwatch worth £64578
      2. Win 1 of 3 x £1000 Selfridges vouchers with Virgin Trains1211
      3. Win a luxury eight-night break for two in Malaysia with Ushvani Spa and Tra…55
      4. Win a safari adventure & claim a free Chicago Town pizza coupon44

See more discussions