Mac OS batch renaming of tags

Posted 10th AprEdited by:"OllieSt"
A very obscure request, but I am 100% sure there is going to be a far more knowledgeable person out there that may either have a solution or a confirmation that I'm screwed.

I was thoughtless in my setup, but I can't turn back the clock.

I have folders sorted as:

Customer Number C1

Customer Number C11

Customer Number C103

Everything works how I want to within Mac OS.

However when I look at folders on Onedrive it sorts them as follows

Customer Number C1

Customer Number C103

Customer Number C11

It's obvious why Onedrive sorts them as it does, and I can easily rename folders and files contained within them to be C0001,C0011, C0103 and that will sort out my problem.

However I also have created tags which are C1, C11, C103. It is imperative that those tags match with their corresponding Customer detail.

I can rename each one individually but that would take an awfully long time.

Does anyone have a method for batch renaming of tags?

EDIT: Unless there's another cloud system that will sort them like Mac OS
Community Updates
Ask
2 Comments
There is an app preinstalled in Mac call Automator, it’s supposed to handle these kind of boring task easily.

try it out and google if you don’t know how to use it
JefferyinUK3 h, 10 m ago

There is an app preinstalled in Mac call Automator, it’s supposed to h …There is an app preinstalled in Mac call Automator, it’s supposed to handle these kind of boring task easily. try it out and google if you don’t know how to use it

I've spent time on this today, and this issue is OneDrive. Dropbox orders the folders in the same fashion as Mac OS. So the cost of Dropbox for is the easiest fix. I've looked at Automator and Terminal. A bit too head banging for me to be honest.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions