Great price and quality, one for under the tree
Community Updates

Groups

30 Comments
Or buy a cheese grater?
39316831-uzVz9.jpg
This is way under priced
Expensive cheese grater
Superb computing hardware!! But is this a deal? Got the previous 2013 Mac Pro base model at John Lewis for £1182, that was a deal, typing on now But isn't this standard price?
RRP. Not a deal.
Why not go all in and upgrade to the max at the low low price of £47,588

39316950.jpg

Admittedly I know nothing about this stuff, however I think I'd rather have a car instead...do people actually need this kind of spec and pay this price for it?
Edited by: "Bingohomer" 10th Dec 2019
Quality . That’s been going downhill from Apple lately
But will it play Minecraft
GDawes10/12/2019 19:47

Quality . That’s been going downhill from Apple lately

Seems to be a pattern from corporates who become BULBOUS!
I bought one of these for minesweeper, I must say it’s awesome.. I get 120fps in 4k
if you like the os and can afford why not buy one, its the same with clothes you get people who like nice stuff and then the rest shop in primark, debenhams and the like...
No good, no rgb!
deleted210456810/12/2019 20:27

Comment deleted

i don't see why...

personally i wouldnt buy one, quite happy to build my own...
Siemens fridge freezer is this price, connects to your phone as well with an app.
deleted210456810/12/2019 20:27

Comment deleted

Tempted to get this just for refreshing Facebook and enjoying people celebrating their first 2 week’s together and a baby announcement after 4, would this be suitable or do I need more power for repeatedly refreshing the page? The smoother and more crisp the announcement the better I say!
Why alple calling WORKING keybord a magic ?
Edited by: "napior" 11th Dec 2019
napior11/12/2019 06:43

Why alple calling WORKING keybord a magic ?

It magics money from your pocket to tim apples pocket
This is a great find for everyone involved. A big big thank you to all parties for their contribution.
JamesSmith10/12/2019 19:42

Superb computing hardware!! But is this a deal? Got the previous 2013 Mac …Superb computing hardware!! But is this a deal? Got the previous 2013 Mac Pro base model at John Lewis for £1182, that was a deal, typing on now But isn't this standard price?

Is it superb though?

I could build a PC with a Threadripper 3970X for less money that would destroy this performance wise.
Haha I knew it wouldn't be long before the 'I can build a PC for cheaper' comments
Gormond11/12/2019 09:36

Is it superb though?I could build a PC with a Threadripper 3970X for less …Is it superb though?I could build a PC with a Threadripper 3970X for less money that would destroy this performance wise.

If you are asking this question you are not in the target market. If you are a company developing for Mac/IOS you only have one way to go.

In the Workstation/enterprise environment AMD have been out of the game for that long all the virtualisation, ESXi gear is all running Intel Xeon for years I don’t think anybody is disputing you could build better but this build isn’t for a home user.
PhilKelix211/12/2019 10:14

Haha I knew it wouldn't be long before the 'I can build a PC for cheaper' …Haha I knew it wouldn't be long before the 'I can build a PC for cheaper' comments

The truth hurts I guess
Dannyrobbo11/12/2019 10:35

If you are asking this question you are not in the target market. If you …If you are asking this question you are not in the target market. If you are a company developing for Mac/IOS you only have one way to go. In the Workstation/enterprise environment AMD have been out of the game for that long all the virtualisation, ESXi gear is all running Intel Xeon for years I don’t think anybody is disputing you could build better but this build isn’t for a home user.

I know that, I just dont think it's superb hardware.

Mac Pros used to be better, cheaper and highly upgradable.
Gormond11/12/2019 10:35

The truth hurts I guess

Yeah, the truth that a Mac Pro isn't a consumer built PC and isn't really comparable.

The argument has been around for decades and is still as irrelavant as it was in the first place.
Bargainhead10/12/2019 20:21

if you like the os and can afford why not buy one, its the same with …if you like the os and can afford why not buy one, its the same with clothes you get people who like nice stuff and then the rest shop in primark, debenhams and the like...

More like, you like Primark, but want to be pay Louis Vuitton prices!
Nothing wrong with liking the OS (or Primark!) of course, but not for everyone, as you suggest.
_g_11/12/2019 11:02

More like, you like Primark, but want to be pay Louis Vuitton …More like, you like Primark, but want to be pay Louis Vuitton prices!Nothing wrong with liking the OS (or Primark!) of course, but not for everyone, as you suggest.

Lol I wouldn’t fit into Louis Vuitton...
Gormond11/12/2019 10:39

I know that, I just dont think it's superb hardware.Mac Pros used to be …I know that, I just dont think it's superb hardware.Mac Pros used to be better, cheaper and highly upgradable.

it’s the latest in the intel Xeon workstation line, and Macs Are intel only.
Gormond11/12/2019 09:36

Is it superb though?I could build a PC with a Threadripper 3970X for less …Is it superb though?I could build a PC with a Threadripper 3970X for less money that would destroy this performance wise.

I'll let Universal Studios know
ezzer7211/12/2019 12:50

I'll let Universal Studios know

Many movie studios already use Adobe Premiere Pro CC and i'm pretty sure their tech guys look at benchmarks before building their latest rigs

Blur Studios for example used 3970X based systems for Terminator Dark Fate.
Edited by: "Gormond" 11th Dec 2019
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions