MacBook air or similar with full size sd card reader

Posted 29th Dec 2019
Does anyone know if the older MacBook air have a full size SD card reader ? or can recommend a similar size laptop with a full size SD card reader ? Many thanks
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

4 Comments
You might as well just get a good Macbook or Laptop in your budget and add an inexpensive USB SD card reader to it rather than trying to find one with a built-in reader.

This USB-C SD card reader has good reviews and is £12 on Amazon, there are others that cost even less (especially if you only need one for a regular USB port).

amazon.co.uk/MicroSD-Reader-Thunderbolt-Compatible-Type-C/dp/B07DJT5GPT
Edited by: "Haircut_100" 29th Dec 2019
Haircut_10029/12/2019 10:41

You might as well just get a good Macbook or Laptop in your budget and add …You might as well just get a good Macbook or Laptop in your budget and add an inexpensive USB SD card reader to it rather than trying to find one with a built-in reader.This USB-C SD card reader has good reviews and is £12 on Amazon, there are others that cost even less (especially if you only need one for a regular USB port).amazon.co.uk/MicroSD-Reader-Thunderbolt-Compatible-Type-C/dp/B07DJT5GPT

I already have a laptop but the SD readers broken, I use a adapter at the moment in the USB but it's a bit of a faff. I use it for my 3d printer that's all so I don't want to spend a lot on one so an older smaller one would suit my needs best.
furbars29/12/2019 11:00

I already have a laptop but the SD readers broken, I use a adapter at the …I already have a laptop but the SD readers broken, I use a adapter at the moment in the USB but it's a bit of a faff. I use it for my 3d printer that's all so I don't want to spend a lot on one so an older smaller one would suit my needs best.

Maybe a wireless sd card? Leave it in your printer & write to it via wi-fi. They’re not cheap - but much cheaper than a new laptop..

amazon.co.uk/Tos…1-3
Edited by: "captainbeaky" 29th Dec 2019
captainbeaky29/12/2019 12:13

Maybe a wireless sd card? Leave it in your printer & write to it via …Maybe a wireless sd card? Leave it in your printer & write to it via wi-fi. They’re not cheap - but much cheaper than a new laptop..https://www.amazon.co.uk/Toshiba-FlashAir-W-04-Class-Memory/dp/B073LM5TRX/ref=sr_1_3?keywords=Flash+air&qid=1577621538&s=computers&sr=1-3

That's a great idea many thanks
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions