Groups

Macbook harddrive gone :(

The harddrive for me macbook went a few weeks ago and ive replaced it with one I had spare.

unfortunately,I didn't save all my stuff onto a external drive and thus all my valuable tunes,movies,photos etc are still on the old knackered Hard drive.

anyone know how I can get my stuff from me old drive?

The pics are more important as its got my kids pics on from where they were born,and growing up (

music and stuff can be replaced but the pics are the valuable things to me.

anyone help a guy out?

please.

7 Comments

I had the same problem with my laptop a while back (knocked the hard disk area and think I caused the disk to scratch). I had to reload windows and even then it would freeze / crash every minute or two. I gave up but I was going to try using an enclosure to make it into an external drive to claw some files back...

Original Poster

dcx_badass;7370511

We need you know, some actual information to help. How is it broken etc.

I think it just died.

Tried to switch it on one day and i got a black screen with writing on. was told the hard drive went and I needed a new one.

data recovery experts can retrieve any data from the harddrive but it's costly.

try sticking it in a portable usb mount and see whether it loads up then. could just be the bootloader that's corrupted

put it in an enclosure and try disk warrior for mac.....been known to work miracles

Original Poster

boothy;7371306

put it in an enclosure and try disk warrior for mac.....been known to … put it in an enclosure and try disk warrior for mac.....been known to work miracles

thanks for the post mate but I haven't the foggiest what you are talking about :oops:

but thanks anyway.

EN1GMA;7371383

thanks for the post mate but I haven't the foggiest what you are talking … thanks for the post mate but I haven't the foggiest what you are talking about :oops:but thanks anyway.

alsoft.com/Dis…or/

if it is completely screwed you can put it in the freezer for about 2 hours in a zip tight bag - then plug is straight in and you will be able to copy everything -

Only works once thou - then it is completely screwed
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. How dangerous is Donald trump?31157
      2. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764315
      3. ❅☁☁❅ I want☼to talk☼about the☔WEATHER☔no politics☃no religion❅☁☁❅18846217
      4. RIP DOCTOR WHO22

See more discussions