Groups

Macbook/ Macbook Pro

Where is the cheapest place to get the new version of either a macbook or macbook pro?
    cheapest i can get so far is £675 for the latest macbook
    anyone beat that?

19 Comments

Original Poster

Im able to get a HE discount
    how much discount would i get?

Ive looked and the cheapest I have found is from apple student discount. Gonna go for the pro myself

Original Poster

spic;7376116

Ive looked and the cheapest I have found is from apple student discount. … Ive looked and the cheapest I have found is from apple student discount. Gonna go for the pro myself

marshall ward have 20% off code xx945 ( i was sent the xx945 in the post )
    + 8 % quidco

why are you choosing the pro over the normal macbook?
    i see no difference except materials

Original Poster

dcx_badass;7376062

13% Only from Apple though.

thanks for letting me know

bhara;7376170

marshall ward have 20% off code xx945 ( i was sent the xx945 in the post … marshall ward have 20% off code xx945 ( i was sent the xx945 in the post )+ 8 % quidcowhy are you choosing the pro over the normal macbook?i see no difference except materials

The macbook is slightly better spec, but I think the pro looks and feels much better.
    Not sure I can be doing with faffing about with codes and quidco, but out of interest, how much does it bring the price down by?

Original Poster

£675.75 without quidco which is the cheapest one i could find.
    Not fussed about the looks like you lol

bhara;7376242

£675.75 without quidco which is the cheapest one i could find.Not fussed … £675.75 without quidco which is the cheapest one i could find.Not fussed about the looks like you lol

Fair enough, I do wonder if its worth the extra £90, but looking at the state of my mates white macbook which is only nine months old it probably is lol.

Original Poster

spic;7376305

Fair enough, I do wonder if its worth the extra £90, but looking at the … Fair enough, I do wonder if its worth the extra £90, but looking at the state of my mates white macbook which is only nine months old it probably is lol.

is it the new version though?
    as they've redesigned it

bhara;7376344

is it the new version though?as they've redesigned it

Yeah it is.

Original Poster

hmm got me thinking now lol.. but stil dont want to fork out over the top for new material
    extra 100 quid i think

Original Poster

are there any other benefits with the he discount?
    eg can you get iworks for free or something?
    also will ms office work on a mac ?

Original Poster

kool thanks for that

Original Poster

ill give them a phone tomorrow in the morning
    see if theyll chuck in some freebies lol

bhara;7376536

ill give them a phone tomorrow in the morningsee if theyll chuck in some … ill give them a phone tomorrow in the morningsee if theyll chuck in some freebies lol

Report back please...:)

still get 3 years in the UK.....

Original Poster

well ive made my order
    you do not get the three years in the uk for a macbook anyways
    managed to get 14-15% discount so about £120-£130 it was
    they offered me two options for printers with £60 cashback so one works out for £10 and the wireless on about £30-£40
    opted for the wireless
    then i also brought the 3 year apple care for £46 normally £110
    they also offered me discounts on software etc.

bhara;7379223

well ive made my orderyou do not get the three years in the uk for a … well ive made my orderyou do not get the three years in the uk for a macbook anywaysmanaged to get 14-15% discount so about £120-£130 it wasthey offered me two options for printers with £60 cashback so one works out for £10 and the wireless on about £30-£40opted for the wirelessthen i also brought the 3 year apple care for £46 normally £110they also offered me discounts on software etc.

going via the HE link you do,unless they have changed it in the last week

Original Poster

boothy;7379324

going via the HE link you do,unless they have changed it in the last week

can you pm me the he link as i ordered over the phone
    if its the case i can cancel my order and wait till i get back to uni before i order

Original Poster

price of a macbook and weather you get a 3 year care package
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …4552123
      2. Surprise the Miles136 summer burning caribou comp1122
      3. Back to school: what's your views on your kids uniform and piercing rules e…27120
      4. If you had £50,000 to start a business what would it be ?2546

See more discussions