Groups

Macbook pro connecting to HDTV

Hi,

Im looking to get my Macbook Pro to play through my Panasonic Viera HDTV.
    Can anyone tell me the best way to do this with regards to the audio?
    I am going to get a Min displayport to HDMI for the picture and i have also seen these with a usb audio so everything is done through the hdmi cable.
    Or the other way i can see is the above without the usb audio cable and get a 3.5mm to 3.5mm cable but i have read that these dont always work on hdtv's?
    It looks easier to get the all in one cable but they are around £40?

Cheers

Mmachine78

4 Comments

It is simpler to put it all through the one cable, but the sound wont be any better that way for the extra cash. the plus side is you only need the one cable to the tv! hdmi is simplest for the picture and you will need an adapter from your mini display port to hdmi. make sure you get the right one! Two options for sound. cheap - a 3.5 to 3.5 jack audio cable OR convert to optic and then use the optic in on the tv, (assuming it has one). For this option imho I dont imagine the sound is going to be a lot better than the first option. I went for the HDMI and a 3.5 to twin phon splitter, simply because using the 3.5 to 3.5 my tv wouldnt recognise the sound coming from my new macbook pro even though it does from the old one! links to all i would recommend following

Original Poster

Thanks tango42!!
    I will check them out now....very grateful for the helpful reply!!

Mmachine78

you are very welcome have fun
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. RIP DOCTOR WHO710
      2. USS Indianapolis wreckage to be considered as a war memorial1218
      3. Are these two things distinctly different to you?67
      4. Supermarket may have sold Sausages & Other Pork products may have been inf…1430

See more discussions