Expired

Macbook Pro crashed and showed coloured horizontal lines, what does it mean?

Found 24th Nov 2013
My Macbook decided to crash and display coloured horizontal lines. Click the link below to see what I mean.

Does anyone know what it is? I restarted and it's fine now but worried it will happen again.

s18.postimg.org/qs5…png

12 Comments

Poltergeist

it means take it to an apple store but I think it's been photoshopped as everyone knows Apple products never go wrong.... :-P

Graphics card most probably, my PC grey screens because of driver software so I'm assuming its related to that

looks like you were loading a zx spectrum game from tape.

Original Poster

Rich44

it means take it to an apple store but I think it's been photoshopped as … it means take it to an apple store but I think it's been photoshopped as everyone knows Apple products never go wrong.... :-P

Funnily enough, my 3 year apple care expired a month ago

That is what is technically known as "knackered"

I would say ram or video chip. Best pop it into your local apple store.

First of all, is the laptop under warranty?

Anyway after a quick google, there are a few things it could be, some are even pointing to a kernel panic error, which is software based. If it were me I would look at running time machine to produce a backup, and then restoring the mac by formatting and re-installing OSX, then using time machine to replace the backup, run with it and see if it still does it, if it does, then you could try a clean re-install without using your backup, if it still does it then you are looking at a visit to the Apple store, if it is out of warranty, expect to pay moneys!

Rich44

it means take it to an apple store but I think it's been photoshopped as … it means take it to an apple store but I think it's been photoshopped as everyone knows Apple products never go wrong.... :-P

donmiguelito

Poltergeist

craigstephens

looks like you were loading a zx spectrum game from tape.

LOLZ

Banned

could have been graphics driver malfuction, or the gpu itself
Post a comment
@
    Text