MacBook Pro: Insurance v AppleCare

Found 5th Sep 2017
So basically I'm in the market for buying a MacBook Pro and I wanted to know is it better to get Apple care or just insurance since an insurance will cover me from accidental damage, theft &loss etc. for around the same price, however the only thing I worry about is that if I do get insurance that it would be hastle to get my MacBook fixed as in it will take weeks to get it done whereas with apple I can just go to genius bar and get it fixed. I am a uni student so I can't have it gone for that long. So tell me your opinions and give me some advice.

Thanks in advance.

1. Ask
Groups
  1. Ask
11 Comments

AppleCare+

AppleCare+ for Mac extends your coverage to three years from the original purchase date of your Mac and adds up to two incidents of accidental damage coverage

mattmerch36 m ago

AppleCare+ AppleCare+ for Mac extends your coverage to three years from …AppleCare+ AppleCare+ for Mac extends your coverage to three years from the original purchase date of your Mac and adds up to two incidents of accidental damage coverage

not as a student. the 3 year warranty is included as standard (except accidental damage). theedustore offers 4 years with even lower prices...

back to the topic
If you take the AppleCare and you hand in your laptop for a repair and if they do not have a part or need to make diagnostics you will be without the laptop regardless

be careful with AppleCare, they just told me my warranty was VOID because of a scratch about 1mm in size.

mattsk53 m ago

not as a student. the 3 year warranty is included as standard (except …not as a student. the 3 year warranty is included as standard (except accidental damage). theedustore offers 4 years with even lower prices...back to the topicIf you take the AppleCare and you hand in your laptop for a repair and if they do not have a part or need to make diagnostics you will be without the laptop regardless

Not true, thats changed you no longer get the AppleCare 3 year warranty in the UK as a student.
Edited by: "Dannyrobbo" 5th Sep 2017

Dannyrobbo44 m ago

Not true, thats changed you no longer get the AppleCare 3 year warranty in …Not true, thats changed you no longer get the AppleCare 3 year warranty in the UK as a student.

Yep, they removed this!

Dannyrobbo1 h, 38 m ago

Not true, thats changed you no longer get the AppleCare 3 year warranty in …Not true, thats changed you no longer get the AppleCare 3 year warranty in the UK as a student.

since when?

mattsk1 m ago

since when?

Over 12 months ago.

Dannyrobbo5 m ago

Over 12 months ago.

fair enough

In that case.... this is a far much better deal than anything out there theedustore

mattsk7 m ago

fair enoughIn that case.... this is a far much better deal than anything …fair enoughIn that case.... this is a far much better deal than anything out there theedustore

mattsk7 m ago

fair enoughIn that case.... this is a far much better deal than anything …fair enoughIn that case.... this is a far much better deal than anything out there theedustore

The Apple for education has gone downhill, it used to be 15% plus AppleCare and occasionally a £100 iTunes voucher too. It's not 10% and some headphones

joeldeals6 h, 35 m ago

be careful with AppleCare, they just told me my warranty was VOID because …be careful with AppleCare, they just told me my warranty was VOID because of a scratch about 1mm in size.

There must be more to the story than that....?

joeldeals6 h, 36 m ago

be careful with AppleCare, they just told me my warranty was VOID because …be careful with AppleCare, they just told me my warranty was VOID because of a scratch about 1mm in size.

Go to a different applestore. Apple may have their faults but their customer service is excellent
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants