Macbook pro vs macbook air

Posted 30th May 2020
After recommendations here, I'm gonna buy either 512gb macbook air 1.1 i5 quad core or the macbook pro 1.4 i5 quad core 256gb memory, so either higher end macbook air or bog standard pro, it'll be mainly used for browsing etc, no editing (I know its a lot for this but everything I own is apple)
Community Updates
Ask
10 Comments
I had an air for 7 years. Got it from Apple for £999 and traded in to CEX for £314 7 years later. It ran superbly even until I got rid of it and I used to do editing on it etc. So personally, I would get the best Air you can get for the money rather than a Pro which you would not take full advantage of.
Check out Luke Miani on youtube he has recently done a video comparing both entry level pro vs air
Avoid MacBook pro 13" it hasn't received the new vastly more durable magic keyboard yet. The newest generation of Macs look much more repairable so that's heartening. I always read a product up on ifixit before buying.
Edited by: "harrythefish" 30th May
harrythefish30/05/2020 10:56

Avoid MacBook pro 14" it hasn't received the new vastly more durable magic …Avoid MacBook pro 14" it hasn't received the new vastly more durable magic keyboard yet. The newest generation of Macs look much more repairable so that's heartening. I always read a product up on ifixit before buying.

There is no MacBook Pro 14 and the new pro has the new keyboard. What are you on?!?!
Only way is air apple.com/uk/…3_2 (savings should go on iphone 12)
xtreme12330/05/2020 13:30

There is no MacBook Pro 14 and the new pro has the new keyboard. What are …There is no MacBook Pro 14 and the new pro has the new keyboard. What are you on?!?!

Fixed it for you see above. Keep calm and carry on..
harrythefish30/05/2020 14:46

Fixed it for you see above. Keep calm and carry on..

Er no, it does have the magic keyboard
xtreme12330/05/2020 16:46

Er no, it does have the magic keyboard

9to5mac is usually up to date. When was the 13" Mac Pro with the magic keyboard released?

Mar. 21st 2020
What about the 13-inch MacBook Pro?
At this point, the 13-inch MacBook Pro is the only Apple laptop still sold brand-new with the butterfly keyboard

What about 13 inch Macbook Pro
harrythefish30/05/2020 17:09

9to5mac is usually up to date. When was the 13" Mac Pro with the magic …9to5mac is usually up to date. When was the 13" Mac Pro with the magic keyboard released?Mar. 21st 2020What about the 13-inch MacBook Pro?At this point, the 13-inch MacBook Pro is the only Apple laptop still sold brand-new with the butterfly keyboardWhat about 13 inch Macbook Pro

We’re in may now and it’s not that hard to go on the Apple site ffs
Finally found a use for the 'Mute' button!
Post a comment
@
    Text