MacBook Serial Number

Posted 6th Nov
Long story short but I have two identical MacBook Pro’s which are both unopened and cellophane sealed.
One was purchased from Currys and the other from Amazon.
I will only be keeping one and need to send one back. The issue I have is that the only difference between the two MacBooks is their serial numbers and I do not know which one came from Currys and which from Amazon as my partner has moved them and now there is no way of telling which one came from which store.
Will it matter if for example I return one to Currys but it was the MacBook Pro from Amazon?

Thanks,
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

14 Comments
Return it in a branch and see if they mention it?
Open one and just check the serial number. I’ve never had a problem returning open things back to amazon. Presuming you want to keep the one from curry’s
The serial number is on the back of the box but that doesn’t marry it to either Currys or Amazon, only provides details about the MacBook itself when looked up online.
It’s actually the Amazon one I want to return but just worried if I accidentally send them the one from Currys but I have no way of knowing and wondered if they would know if I sent back the wrong one?
Taken from the amazon site

What you need to know – This product has an serial number that uniquely identifies it. When we dispatch your order, we will scan the serial number and add it to the order history

So check your order history and be careful about sending the wrong one back.
check your amazon account orders. they do sometimes list serial numbers like below38919105-NzABp.jpg
Ask the Indian guy on Amazon help
deals6906/11/2019 18:40

Ask the Indian guy on Amazon help

He would have to be really desperate to do that!
dixin12306/11/2019 18:15

check your amazon account orders. they do sometimes list serial numbers …check your amazon account orders. they do sometimes list serial numbers like below[Image]

I checked but my order details doesn’t list the serial number. The MacBook box with the serial number on it was encased in another packaging box so perhaps they don’t have record of it themselves.
dcd06/11/2019 20:27

I checked but my order details doesn’t list the serial number. The MacBook …I checked but my order details doesn’t list the serial number. The MacBook box with the serial number on it was encased in another packaging box so perhaps they don’t have record of it themselves.

dunno then, i would contact amazon cs and ask explain your situation, u just want to return the correct one after all.
Anything on the Curry's receipt?
Could the serial number be on the warranty card?
esar06/11/2019 22:56

Could the serial number be on the warranty card?

There’s no serial number on the Currys receipt or online for my Amazon purchase. I don’t have a warranty card so can only assume that is in the MacBook box but both are still cellophane sealed.
You could try customer service
Called Amazon but CS didn’t know what serial number was on the one they sent me so I’ve sent one back to them and I’ll see what happens.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants