MacBook with Touchbar users

Found 30th Aug 2017
So I was wondering if any HUKD users have a MacBook with the touchbar, and if so can they share their experiences with it?

I'm tempted to get a Macbook with one but I'm worried that it might be a gimmick that I end up never using. It does seem kind of like you have to 'train' yourself to use it, but it also seems like a very useful feature so I'm not sure.

Thanks in advance for anyone who replies

1. Ask
Groups
  1. Ask
4 Comments

It's very opinion led, but I believe it to be a bit of a gimmick. None of their products are OLED and it felt that they kept pushing the word in their marketing. I think you could live without it and save yourself a few bob.

Yeah I have a 13" touch bar.

I hardly use the touch bar but the one thing I do use all of the time is Touch ID. Saves me time logging into websites etc with 1pass.

Original Poster

mds125629 m ago

Yeah I have a 13" touch bar.I hardly use the touch bar but the one thing I …Yeah I have a 13" touch bar.I hardly use the touch bar but the one thing I do use all of the time is Touch ID. Saves me time logging into websites etc with 1pass.

Yeah ive heard that was good because it is annoying typing in your password all the time. I have an Apple Watch though and apparently you can unlock your MacBook with it?

Also I have a question, did you get that specific MacBook for the touchbar and/or did you originally feel like you would use it?

Original Poster

hairray51 m ago

It's very opinion led, but I believe it to be a bit of a gimmick. None of …It's very opinion led, but I believe it to be a bit of a gimmick. None of their products are OLED and it felt that they kept pushing the word in their marketing. I think you could live without it and save yourself a few bob.

Yeah that's what I'm thinking but I don't want to miss out if I change my mind, y'know? MacBooks are a big investment in comparison to other laptops (too expensive to get a new one if you don't like it/ want to upgrade after a year or two! XD).

I probably won't be getting one before they release new ones (unless this is two years away) so I guess I'll see then too.

I currently have a Windows laptop which is falling to pieces, which, after looking at options, I'll be getting a new battery for and then saving for a MacBook rather than another windows one (for a change + (hopefully) going to uni next year so it'll be easy to take around and more compatible with my devices
Post a comment
@
    Text