Groups

Macdonalds charge for tomato ketchup??????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I visited Macdonalds in Shrewsbury today with my hubby and our two girls. Our meals came to almost £15 and when I asked for tomato ketchup, I was told that I was only allowed 2 with the chicken nuggets and if I wanted anymore I had to pay 5p each! Is this their way of getting some of the reduced VAT back?!

67 Comments

Depends where you are.

yeah, some charge some dont? i always ask after i have paid cos then they normally just give u some then!

still love the ones where you can pour your own into those little cups

"Is this their way of getting some of the reduced VAT back?"

Eh? Charging for sauce to get VAT back?? What kind of logic is that? :thinking:

Yeah, happened to someone getting served in front of me the other day...they then gave me 2xbarbecues for free :?:

Just presumed you get them free with (large) meals only?

Where's Dean when you need him?!?!

my local Macdonalds have a ketchup dispenser to the side of the counter and can just help your self

roadrunner1;3772692

"Is this their way of getting some of the reduced VAT back?"Eh? Charging … "Is this their way of getting some of the reduced VAT back?"Eh? Charging for sauce to get VAT back?? What kind of logic is that? :thinking:

That, my friend is the logic of your average McDonalds punter.

I'm lovin' it :?:

should of gone to burger king, telford ones dont charge!

outrageous!! ours don't charge but they give you the evil eye if you ask for an extra two tubs, then reluctantly hand them over. we go most sat afternoons too!!

grex9101;3772712

That, my friend is the logic of your average McDonalds punter.I'm lovin' … That, my friend is the logic of your average McDonalds punter.I'm lovin' it :?:

You didn't read the thread- this is MAC DONALDS

roadrunner1;3772765

You didn't read the thread- this is MAC DONALDS not the Ronald restaurant … You didn't read the thread- this is MAC DONALDS not the Ronald restaurant chain? :?

uh-oh........ :roll:

thats what you get when they have a fancy refurb!! should have gone to Burger King at Dobbies more expensive but help yourself to as much tomato for free........:thumbsup:

Banned

ive always been charged for ketchup- is because i drive a bently?

Weird story. Best one near me is in slough - got those little paper cups with ketchup 'n BBQ sauce dispensers.

The ketchup has got so much sugar in that it's probably part of what's so addictive about MCD's food overall.

You'd think they'd throw them at the general public!

Original Poster

They had a big sign up saying "Our prices do not reflect the reduced VAT rate. Please bear with us whilst we are re-printing our boards." The last time I had a Macdonalds was in October (which I was not charged for ketchup then) so I am not a regular visitor. Please dont label me an average Macdonalds punter grex9101!

ROKO;3772793

ive always been charged for ketchup- is because i drive a bently?

In the West Indies? It doesn't matter.

i live in london and they have been charging for sauces for well over a year. You only get the sauce for free if you buy chicken nuggets. Sometimes i pay up the 5p as i love their sweet & sour dip !!!! ............

grex9101;3772766

the difference between HUKD and MSE … the difference between HUKD and MSE here:http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.html?t=1353343lol

Have you noticed the times between posts in most of the threads.

MSE doesn't seem that popular these days.

Maybe due to Mr Lewis being an a*****... :-D

Original Poster

I wonder why some charge and some dont?

In McDonalds in Amsterdam we were charged 50 cents (which is about 45p) for 1 small sachet.

its so funny when we go to the food court in ashford outlet. the macdees have a dispenser and the harry ramsdens charges 5p a pack. obviously u need a bit of TK with the fish n chips.... but why o why people pay for it when u can get it free from the pump!

I think they should charge people.either they should give 2 packet for chip (which i think it is enought)
    otherwise We human,just left into the tray then into the bin right away..
    wasting the world resources

busymom;3772903

I wonder why some charge and some dont?

You could always acquire some from a local Wetherspoons pub prior to your trip to McDonalds and save some money. Other condiments are also available free of charge. :thumbsup:

ag248;3772915

I think they should charge people.either they should give 2 packet for … I think they should charge people.either they should give 2 packet for chip (which i think it is enought)otherwise We human,just left into the tray then into the bin right away..wasting the world resources

wow........just wow

ag248;3772915

I think they should charge people.either they should give 2 packet for … I think they should charge people.either they should give 2 packet for chip (which i think it is enought)otherwise We human,just left into the tray then into the bin right away..wasting the world resources

I do not understand that!

ours charge £2.25 for a kids meal instead of £1.99 like you get most places but thats cos its a franchise

Original Poster

Thats fair enough if they are going to charge at all of their outlets, and put it in the listings on their menus.

They charge 15p for the tubs of sauce here, like Curry etc.

ag248;3772915

Quite possibly the best post i've read in ages!

Well, tried to read! :thumbsup:

Aquatic;3772949

ours charge £2.25 for a kids meal instead of £1.99 like you get most p … ours charge £2.25 for a kids meal instead of £1.99 like you get most places but thats cos its a franchise

Ummm, aren't most (if not all) McDonalds franchises?

Original Poster

Aquatic;3772949

ours charge £2.25 for a kids meal instead of £1.99 like you get most p … ours charge £2.25 for a kids meal instead of £1.99 like you get most places but thats cos its a franchise

I dont think any charge £1.99 for kids meals anymore, its £2.19 at most macdonalds.

I am sooooooooooo NOT lovin' it!

Original Poster

roadrunner1;3772692

"Is this their way of getting some of the reduced VAT back?"Eh? Charging … "Is this their way of getting some of the reduced VAT back?"Eh? Charging for sauce to get VAT back?? What kind of logic is that? :thinking:

What I meant is that they give you the reduced VAT but then charge you 5p for ketchup.

but then wouldnt there be vat on the tommysauce?

Banned

i dont mind paying so long i get a smile and a wink wink back!!

ROKO;3773872

i dont mind paying so long i get a smile and a wink wink back!!

Now you're just being silly!!!

I think some have just gotten annoyed with people taking the rip asking for loads of sauces.

grex9101;3773001

Ummm, aren't most (if not all) McDonalds franchises?

Most in Blackpool aren't. Which I believe is quite rare.

Banned

they will and always have charge you for the little tubs if you want more for your nuggets

they will give you the sachets for free
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. So Brexit isn't going how a lot of Brexiters thought it would28106
      2. 75% off Sky TV for existing customers. Only works when you call the specifi…17866384
      3. *** Weekly game codes giveaway 188 ***1630
      4. It is a Yorkshire pudding wrap.1116

See more discussions