Expired

mach3 razor blades

Found 14th Aug 2006
hi all,

Anyone know the cheapest place to buy gillette blades? the mach 3 turbo or power I guess, don't mind buying 20 or 40 to get a decent price

Thanks

Joseph

1. Ask
  2. Razor
Groups
  1. Ask
  2. Razor
20 Comments

Dont buy off ebay, lots of fakes about. Even sellers with good feedback can be selling fakes, as most people dont shave with blades before leaving feedback.

lawrenzini

Dont buy off ebay, lots of fakes about. Even sellers with good feedback … Dont buy off ebay, lots of fakes about. Even sellers with good feedback can be selling fakes, as most people dont shave with blades before leaving feedback.

I agree, I thought I would save my self the hassle of purchasng packs here and there, as they always seem to go blunt for that all important meeting. I bought about 40 got a reasonable price from ebay. Quality is v.poor as they need constant changing.

Never ever buy from ebay as lawrenzini. I bought some M3 power blades and they were blunt right from first shave. I threatened the seller with reporting to ebay customer service and he gladly refunded me the money incl. postage

Anyway, back to the original question where can you buy genuine blades M3 power or Mach3 Turbo for cheap?

If you got a costco near you they are good for things like this.

Or try your local shoplifter, these things are what they target, small, expensive and easy to sell on.

I get mine from the local market, nice price for it, worth trying out markets and car boot shows for these things too.

I bought some from a market recently too, and suspect they were fakes. As octopus said above, they were blunt from the first shave.
And constantly needed changing, I'd avoid markets at all costs.

i bought of ebay once before and they were grand, got 20 for £18.

My OH wants some, so I think I'll bulk buy from boots... I've no idea if that's cheap or not though - £12 for 12 blades? £1 per blade - opinions please?

Just noticed Tesco online do packs of 8 for £7.75, this is £0.97 per blade. If I was to do a big shop and use the ][COLOR=blue]£15 off £100[/COLOR]code just added in the forum, that might be worth it.

Original Poster

emmajk42

My OH wants some, so I think I'll bulk buy from boots... I've no idea if … My OH wants some, so I think I'll bulk buy from boots... I've no idea if that's cheap or not though - £12 for 12 blades? £1 per blade - opinions please?

I bought from boots in the end ~11 quid for 8 mach3 power, but I got about 200 advantage card points for some reason

LOL at SAFC1BeerMonster. Does anyone know any shoplifters in the Canterbury area that I could try? Can you pre-order with shoplifters? Do they steal on demand?

Greg

LOL at SAFC1BeerMonster. Does anyone know any shoplifters in the … LOL at SAFC1BeerMonster. Does anyone know any shoplifters in the Canterbury area that I could try? Can you pre-order with shoplifters? Do they steal on demand?

And do you get clubcard points???

now that u mention it i had a couple of razors from boots and they were so sharp any swift movements and i would cut myself

but 4 for £7.95 or whatever it is seemed not good value

so i tried ebay and i was wondering hmm im moving up and down like a maniac but no cuts

so the reason is they are most likely fakes which are blunt on use!

darn it ive got like 20 left as well

done over!

Original Poster

muffin247

now that u mention it i had a couple of razors from boots and they were … now that u mention it i had a couple of razors from boots and they were so sharp any swift movements and i would cut myselfbut 4 for £7.95 or whatever it is seemed not good valueso i tried ebay and i was wondering hmm im moving up and down like a maniac but no cutsso the reason is they are most likely fakes which are blunt on use!darn it ive got like 20 left as welldone over!

lol :-D

Try shaving slower and with a good oil

The fusion blades also seem good - they're sharp, but (presumably because the blades are closer together) you don't seem to get as many cuts. Darn expensive, though :x

jogu

Darn expensive, though :x

Damn right! :x I'll second that.

Banned

Superdrug - buy whats on offer(when).

I do, recently purchased 4 Wilkinson Quattro razors with 2 blades in packet and a further 4 blade pack attached to each one gratis/free - they regularly do rotating offers @ my local store - but don't be brand loyal.
U will notice that when an offer is available that they always remove the price off the display tag, particulary, if there is a competing (less attractive) offer nearby.E nquire as to the price if tag is blank - it is usally the best deal. Trust me.

Hello
Spotted a deal in Croydon Somerfield this morning.
£9.99 for pack of 8 Mach3 Turbo blades - with free razor.
Not much use if you already own a razor, but you could try 2 handed shaving.
Cheers
snedger

Once I bought mach 3 razor blades from eBay, but they were blatantly fake. For this reason, I would avoid buying cheap stuff from there if you don't want to see you with cheap blades coming from China.

I am sure the deal is out there, but I haven't found it yet. Hope to find it someday!

People People People :-)

Come away and into the light. Get back to some decent shaving with a safety razor, decent brush and shaving soap / cream.

The blades I just bought, which will each last at least as long as gillette, cost about 25p each...and give a better shave.

Can you not see Gillette are pushing up the prices, £2 a blade !!!!! They'll slowly discontinue the cheaper blades (normally by initially discounting the more expensive ones), get you onto them, then put prices back up.
Post a comment
@
    Text