Maclaren Quest vs Maclaren XT Techno

Found 8th Jul 2011
trying to decide between these two pushchairs. the XT techno is a little more pricier but not a huge amount in it.

as far as i can see they both recline all the way to lie flat. but is there a big difference.

TIA
Community Updates
MiscMaclaren
19 Comments
Sounds like they should be head to head on the top gear test track with that title X)
haha.....they are defo the best! had one with DS2 but its wheels died on me....stuck in non swivel position. so need a new one for my 1 year old as the icandy is a bit bulky
maclaren techno xlr is the best one
The wheels are better on the techno and the handles are better quality padding.
The quest is ok but the wheels are smaller and give less absoption. Overall we found the techno was better built and ours has lasted really well.
XT for better wheels and quality.
Whatever you choose don't forget the romany accessories, found this for you

http://thumbs3.ebaystatic.com/m/mNOJo1Pqj_uhuH2l5leCIcg/140.jpg
Edited by: "wishihadadonkey" 8th Jul 2011
Depends when you are using it. I have had both and found the quest compact and nice and light. It was great for putting in the car for shopping trips and school pick up. Also a good size and weight for holidays. The techno xt is quite alot bulkier. The wheels are much larger and I found it a struggle in and out of the car due to being longer when folded and bulky. Was great for comfort for little one and very sturdy for long walks.
agree with what addysasa says
jellybaby22

Is it worth spending on a pushchair mb? I just got a new one but my … Is it worth spending on a pushchair mb? I just got a new one but my little un prefers to blooming walk everywhere... Slowly... And in the wrong direction usually

I know, I bought 3 doubles and got rid of all except one which I pushed round half empty most of the time, now the little one is copying her " big " sister I push it round empty, the other day we were in boots when I lost my oh and the 2 lo's, was pushing the empty double pushchair up and down the aisles, am sure everyone thought I was the local nutter lol.
XT is much better. I had one with my eldest and just bought one for my youngest, i got this one I love it.
I found the Quest, although i have never owned one but used one..... I didnt like the foam handles, they were too low. I didnt like the shape of the hood, the way it pushed and the wheels.
we bought the quest recently for buby no 3 as we looked at both and decided for the difference between them it just wasnt worth the extra money. We got a quest 7 yrs ago when i had my 1st and it has been used pretty much every day for 7 years with my first 2 and still had some life left in it (just fancied a newer one this time). the best thing to do is go somewhere like mothercare or toysrus and physically look at the both side by side and you can give them a push up & down see how they feel etc then decide if you feel the extra money is worth it. maclaren is def the best brand togo for though.
thanks all. dont want a bulky one...simple one for shops thats good....maclaren is the best make and looks like ill have to try it in the shops.

although a friend has said she'll give me her old maclaren.... which might be a good idea

JB and WIHAD so cute bless they dont sit in the pushchair...mine is awful when i take her out but she doesnt overly sit in it either....hmmm decisions decisions....
MB i dont know what this thread is about but i saw mclaren.... and never heard of the others so my best advice is

http://www.gulf-coast-imports.com/cover_mcclaren.jpg

P.S someone is confident about winning the lottery X)
magicbeans

thanks all. dont want a bulky one...simple one for shops thats … thanks all. dont want a bulky one...simple one for shops thats good....maclaren is the best make and looks like ill have to try it in the shops.although a friend has said she'll give me her old maclaren.... which might be a good ideaJB and WIHAD so cute bless they dont sit in the pushchair...mine is awful when i take her out but she doesnt overly sit in it either....hmmm decisions decisions....

smart trike lol, got Issy hers when she was 9mths old, didn't use the single pushchair again after that, she went everywhere in it, have bought Eli one now for her 1st birthday, but she'll get it before cos they're spoilt beyond belief, so expect the pushchairs to be completely redundant soon
how old is the littleone mb? really, if you just want one for the shops and quick trips (and bub is slightly older), go for a VOLO. its the first one i had and the only one i kept hold of (that and the baby jogger city mini) in between ive had the xt (loved it, but tad too long for the boot, a little bit bulky too, lots of suspension and lovely big wheels but a tad inconvenient when out shopping in crowded place) had the quest too (lovely and light but too faffy and didnt feel as light as the volo- it has recline, but bub nods off in the volo no probs).

volo has to be THE lightest, and it now comes with the hood too (bonus!) I love maclarens.

honestly, try the volo when you venture out for the test drives..
sam she is 18months.....i dont go out with her for walks really...so its really shops and the odd occassion where we go out for the day...we got a trip to london planned but tbh not sure if we will tk it with the tubes etc.

thanks will look up volvo
it doesnt have a lie flat..... thats a bit annoying
magicbeans

it doesnt have a lie flat..... thats a bit annoying

no it doesn't- but seat is quite 'hammock-like' slouchy type.. so comfy. but anyway, don't let that put you off- just try it out

as between the xt and the quest- think the quest is better suited for what you want. xt is more outdoorsy with the big wheels and suspension thingie..

xlr (mentioned above) is just a big monster - really wide-, so steer clear of it(!)

thanks so much,.....very helpful
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants