Maestro payment difficulties

Trying to pay for something on the Vodafone website but it won't let. The issue number field is compulsory and my card doesn't have one. I've rang bank's CS and they gave me an issue number to try but also said there's generally a problem with maestro payments being processed today

Has anyone else had trouble paying for anything?

13 Comments

Banned

Correct. I tried to use my First Direct Maestro card at about 4pm which got declined in a shop. I rang first direct who told me the system is down ATM and no idea when it will be back up. Ive asked them to call me when it is. If they do, I'll post to let you know so you can have another try.

Original Poster

ah OK thanks, that'd be great

It's been driving me up the wall for the last hour!

i had the same prob 2day i put issue number as 1 and it went through fine try that

Maestro have been failing since about 3.30pm, at 4pm Morrisons had given up and were swiping any card that would allow, some will not allow trans by this method any more.

I have been struggling for couple of days, its been hit and miss whether its worked.

Original Poster

the sedge;4819884

i had the same prob 2day i put issue number as 1 and it went through … i had the same prob 2day i put issue number as 1 and it went through fine try that

no it didn't make a difference, I think its to do with the maestro payments failing....

anyone had any luck with payments yet?

Banned

paperclip;4820436

no it didn't make a difference, I think its to do with the maestro … no it didn't make a difference, I think its to do with the maestro payments failing....

Its a system problem.

No phone call yet (I expect they will phone - but probably not as soon as its fixed!)

Original Poster

ok thanks, I tried to ring my bank again to see if they knew any more but banks tend not to realise that life goes on after 5pm too...

my son tried to pay for something online this afternoon with a solo card and he had a problem with that and the number ?

Original Poster

aren't solo and maestro related? its possible that its the same thing....

yerh i think they may be the same but not sure ?

Banned

First Direct have just called me back. The problems have now been resolved.

(It's good to get preferential treatment when you're a heavy investor at the bank!)

Original Poster

thanks for that I'll give it another go
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. I banned myself from HUKD for 3m, I saved so much money!2641
    2. Thousands of minimum wage workers to receive part of £2,000,000 compensatio…44
    3. Weekly game codes giveaway 183722
    4. How much would you pay for this chair?1214

See more discussions