Groups

MAG Beta - First Impressions ?

Played it last night and thought it was pretty awful although admittedly i didnt have a clue as to what was going on.

The graphics are below par as is the frame rate, the guns feel too 'light', the map is terribly cluttered, too many people talking at once on while playing, you cant tgell when youve been hit, but worst of all, the game just feels dull

Im going to give it one last bash now before I condemn it forever

75 Comments

Banned

it IS a beta...thats why they chuck it out..to get feedback...

why dont you give them this feedback..rather than condemning it

it isnt a DEMo

Original Poster

kapows;6384131

it IS a beta...thats why they chuck it out..to get feedback...why dont … it IS a beta...thats why they chuck it out..to get feedback...why dont you give them this feedback..rather than condemning itit isnt a DEMo

Yes its a beta thank you I realise that, but its a beta of a severely dull game, unless they rewrite it completely I wont be buying it. I posted this thread for other people who have played it to give their impressions not to be told its a beta, but cheers.

I bet you'll love the Halo Reach beta you fanboy.

^^^^^^^ Sony fanboy inda house

Didnt take him long....

Banned

iNSOMANiAC;6384154

Yes its a beta thank you I realise that, but its a beta of a severely … Yes its a beta thank you I realise that, but its a beta of a severely dull game, unless they rewrite it completely I wont be buying it. I posted this thread for other people who have played it to give their impressions not to be told its a beta, but cheers.

i just didnt want you to condemn the game on the basis that it is an unfinished product.

ok my views (i havnt played it but from what ive seen and my excellent intuition)

from what i saw, i kinda agree it seemed dull. the level design just didnt do it for me. the playability seemed to lack oopmh

but i wont know for sure unless i try my hand at the game.

Original Poster

Met-Cast;6384171

I bet you'll love the Halo Reach beta you fanboy.

I dont normally respond to your posts as I regard you as something of a buffoon but I wont be playing the Halo reach beta because Halo 2 and 3 are generic, overrated rubbish and I have no reason to believe Halo reach will be anything different.

Banned

we all know xbox is really a crapbox anyway
    as is the ps3

PC Gaming FTW

i played it too, get the ak 202 or sumfin lik that.
    its actually better than resistance 2 nd killzone when u get into it.

Original Poster

Server doesnt seem to be working, I thought it was 5pm to 8pm

kapows;6384204

we all know xbox is really a crapbox anywayas is the ps3PC Gaming FTW

why when u have to upgrade every now and again

downloaded last night...been waiting to play but keep getting "Server unavailable" from 1am to 3am last night and again now i'm getting the same message

Banned

tony_dudz;6384215

why when u have to upgrade every now and again

now and again?

5 years ive had mine - still plays latest games. no upgrades whatsoever...

oh a USB cup warmer to keep my tea warm while i snipe away :-D

Original Poster

killabyte;6384230

downloaded last night...been waiting to play but keep getting "Server … downloaded last night...been waiting to play but keep getting "Server unavailable" from 1am to 3am last night and again now i'm getting the same message

I was playing it last night at about 2am

Banned

hmm my impressions of MAG werent good either, i didnt have a clue as to what was going on, im going to give it a proper bash now or when the servers come to life, yes the main problem i had was i didnt know when i was being shot at or wheni was shooting at people the didnt die, i knows its a beta and i am aware that there may be problems, im merely pointing out those two problems,

iNSOMANiAC;6384252

i'm trying to connect but keep gettin that message, dont know why...online works on all other games fine...gonna keep trying til 8pm and might give it one last try 2nite at 12am til 3am

Banned

iNSOMANiAC;6384252

are you on it just now, i didnt get on till 1AM last night when servers came avalible to me, right now they are unavalible :x reckon it might be 6pm they are on

dj_urban;6384274

are you on it just now, i didnt get on till 1AM last night when servers … are you on it just now, i didnt get on till 1AM last night when servers came avalible to me, right now they are unavalible :x reckon it might be 6pm they are on

not only me then :x

Banned

killabyte;6384288

not only me then :x

if they have a full 256 players....you have to wait

its like when you go in server room and cant enter until one person leaves from a specific server.

so keep clicking!

oh wait..you cant click...keep pressing!

XOXOXO

It's 5PM GMT and 6PM BST

So it's 6-9 instead of 5-8

kapows;6384303

if they have a full 256 players....you have to waitits like when you go … if they have a full 256 players....you have to waitits like when you go in server room and cant enter until one person leaves from a specific server.so keep clicking!oh wait..you cant click...keep pressing!XOXOXO

bit crap aint that? only 256 players can play this beta worldwide? everyone has to queue up til other ppl finish

Original Poster

No cant get on now, last night started playing at around 1.15 am to 2.15am, I didnt realise it was time specific i just went straight on when the huge patch ahd downloaded. came out and went back in 3 or four times

Banned

killabyte;6384325

bit crap aint that? only 256 players can play this beta worldwide? … bit crap aint that? only 256 players can play this beta worldwide? everyone has to queue up til other ppl finish

quite possibly...i mean im just speculating..they might have servers for like, europe, america, UAE, and then 256 from each area...

but it is alot of people for a beta

Original Poster

killabyte;6384325

bit crap aint that? only 256 players can play this beta worldwide? … bit crap aint that? only 256 players can play this beta worldwide? everyone has to queue up til other ppl finish

Thats wrong, they wouldna have signed 16000 people up to a 256 player server, i can assure you of that !

Banned

Duby;6384314

It's 5PM GMT and 6PM BSTSo it's 6-9 instead of 5-8

thought that times were diffrent last nte 1am - whatever
    killabyte;6384325

^^^^^ they sure why would they hand out 16,000 beta keys and only let a vsmall % play 256 im sure its all 16,000 on servers

Original Poster

GMT - Greenwich mean time = our time

iNSOMANiAC;6384347

Thats wrong, they wouldna have signed 16000 people up to a 256 player … Thats wrong, they wouldna have signed 16000 people up to a 256 player server, i can assure you of that !

dj_urban;6384355

^^^^^ they sure why would they hand out 16,000 beta keys and only let a … ^^^^^ they sure why would they hand out 16,000 beta keys and only let a vsmall % play 256 im sure its all 16,000 on servers

didn't know there was 16,000 keys released, i guess its not a 256 player server :thumbsup:

Original Poster

killabyte;6384379

didn't know there was 16,000 keys released, i guess its not a 256 player … didn't know there was 16,000 keys released, i guess its not a 256 player server :thumbsup:

There is actually more as im hearing everyone who signed up to the beta got a key

well lets hope i can play it around 6pm

Original Poster

as i say, i got in many times last night but that was on the american server which i believe they only gave a few thousand keys out for in america so its bound to quieter, its in europe where they went wild and gave everyone a key

Banned

im on it now

iNSOMANiAC;6384372

GMT - Greenwich mean time = our time

we are gmt + 1 atm

or bst

Original Poster

deathtrap3000;6384657

we are gmt + 1 atmor bst

ahhhh, my mistake, im on now myself

Original Poster

dj_urban;6384638

im on it now

me too and my god, it really is uninspiring tedious rubbish

iNSOMANiAC;6384753

me too and my god, it really is uninspiring tedious rubbish

Is that it's new name [UTR]

Original Poster

dontasciime;6384812

Is that it's new name [UTR]

It should be, anyone who calls a game 'Massive Action Game' really shouldnt be allowed to create games in the first place, Ive turned it off it really isnt my cup of tea, games like this live and die by their combat and sadly this fails miserably, the shooting/getting shot is completely uninvolved and bland its like playing a pc fps from the early 90's. And when you move left and right and the whole thing turns into a blur...... just awful.

Banned

im not sure about it, too much goin on and dont get very far ,maps r huge

Original Poster

you're supposed to stick to you own little area, but the trouble is either noone is communicating (as was the case just then ) or everyone is talking at once (as was the case last night) either way its chaos.

Banned

i found a humvee enjoyed the big gun on it lol but i did see a massive bomber plane get blown to smitherins and crash infront of me, i actully cant believe how big the maps are

Original Poster

dj_urban;6385000

i found a humvee enjoyed the big gun on it lol but i did see a massive … i found a humvee enjoyed the big gun on it lol but i did see a massive bomber plane get blown to smitherins and crash infront of me, i actully cant believe how big the maps are

I saw a helicopter 'blow up' it broke into about five pieces and instantly vanished.

iNSOMANiAC;6385027

I saw a helicopter 'blow up' it broke into about five pieces and … I saw a helicopter 'blow up' it broke into about five pieces and instantly vanished.

Corpses & weapons disappear too.

Thank you for starting the thread, iNSOMANiAC.

I thought I was the only person who had played it that wouldn't be buying it.

BFN,

fp.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Try buy that Minecraft Xbone Argos deal? 10% online code in your email!77
      2. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767220
      3. Important info for Ryanair customers1419
      4. love affairs1014

See more discussions