Magnet fishing in cannal.

Edited by:"SOUTHWALES"Found 31st Mar
Hi, I want to try magnet fishing, has anyone tried it? Also does anyone know if microwave ovens still have large magnets inside of them?

Community Updates
  1. Ask
Groups
  1. Ask
11 Comments
Microwaves are electromagnetic waves.

A component called the magnetron generates microwaves from electricity inside the microwave oven.

The development of the cavity magnetron makes possible the production of electromagnetic waves of a small enough wavelength (microwaves).

Inside the magnetron tube you will find a magnet.

A magnetron uses a strong magnet. The electricity and the magnet make electromagnetic energy. This energy is in the form of microwaves (as mentioned above).

So therefore, yes, modern microwave ovens will have a magnet inside them.

Does that answer your question?
Edited by: "LemonHead" 1st Apr
I just added a little extra in my post by the way. Though almost repeats what I've mentioned already.
Haha looks fun tbh but could also be a quick way to the cells. Those weapons he's pulling out have been used in criminal activity somtime before been lobbed in the canal
larrylightweight52 m ago

Haha looks fun tbh but could also be a quick way to the cells. Those …Haha looks fun tbh but could also be a quick way to the cells. Those weapons he's pulling out have been used in criminal activity somtime before been lobbed in the canal

Very good point.

If you do find any weapons that may have been used in criminal activity contact 101 to arrange to hand it in to your nearest police station. Explain to them how you found it as well.

If you're also intending to dismantle a microwave oven to get at the magnet I wonder if there are health hazards involved.

Some magnetrons have beryllium oxide (beryllia) ceramic insulators, which are dangerous if crushed and inhaled, or otherwise ingested. Single or chronic exposure can lead to berylliosis, an incurable lung condition. In addition, beryllia is listed as a confirmed human carcinogen by the International Agency for Research on Cancer; therefore, broken ceramic insulators or magnetrons should not be directly handled.

Cavity magnetron - Wikipedia. See health hazards.

Not sure if this is what you are intending but thought I'd mention it all the same.
LemonHead11 m ago

Very good point.If you do find any weapons that may have been used in …Very good point.If you do find any weapons that may have been used in criminal activity contact 101 to arrange to hand it in to your nearest police station. Explain to them how you found it as well.If you're also intending to dismantle a microwave oven to get at the magnet I wonder if there are health hazards involved.Some magnetrons have beryllium oxide (beryllia) ceramic insulators, which are dangerous if crushed and inhaled, or otherwise ingested. Single or chronic exposure can lead to berylliosis, an incurable lung condition. In addition, beryllia is listed as a confirmed human carcinogen by the International Agency for Research on Cancer; therefore, broken ceramic insulators or magnetrons should not be directly handled.Cavity magnetron - Wikipedia. See health hazards.Not sure if this is what you are intending but thought I'd mention it all the same.

Watched a couple of vids one guy found a human skull in a bag. After ringing police and waiting a few weeks for conformation turned out to be fake and one of the guys youtube subscribers pranked him.
I just had another look at the OP's post. It appears that the OP is asking about the size of magnets in a microwave oven, wether modern microwave ovens have large magnets in them compared to the old variety of microwave ovens. I'm afraid I can't answer that.
Hmmmmmm. This being the 1st. April.....
lol. i was just puzzling over which fish would be attracted to a magnetic force
larrylightweight9 h, 19 m ago

Watched a couple of vids one guy found a human skull in a bag. After …Watched a couple of vids one guy found a human skull in a bag. After ringing police and waiting a few weeks for conformation turned out to be fake and one of the guys youtube subscribers pranked him.

Great waste of police time, what a prank! Hopefully police aren't too busy.
April Fool...
2 dangers in a microwave.
1. Beryllium ceramic insulator (below the antenna stub on the magnetron) do not fracture or abrade.
2. Large high voltage capacitor that can hold a lethal charge for quite some time
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions