Major issues with receiving mail with Outlook/Hotmail Web?

Posted 16th Oct
Hi,

Been noticing for a while now that emails (usually the ones you are waiting for) are not coming through to Hotmail accounts. Its very random, but say for example i booked some flights, their was no sign of the confirmation.

Nothing in the junk/trash and no rules setup either.

Noticed this happening for a while now.

Anyone else come across this issue? It's that bad i'm considering ditching Hotmail/outlook web altogether and going gmail instead.

The other thing i think it could be in using a third party email app to access your mail, could they be intercepting emails or apply their own filtering perhaps?

Used to like Hotmail, but too many important emails are not coming through anymore

Any ideas?
Community Updates
Ask
12 Comments
Doesnt happen to me but their spam detection is trashh
deals6916/10/2019 22:09

Doesnt happen to me but their spam detection is trashh

Agreed. The junk box is so hit and miss... They should really use AI to filter spam.
I've had this happen to me. Like yourself its usually important emails. I've also had hotmail emails simply vanish, never to be seen again!
Strangely this happened to me today with a booking for a trampoline centre, I always get the confirmation email/barcode instantly but I didn’t get one at all today. I’m just glad I took a screen shot of the order number to prove I had made the booking. I’ll keep an eye on it now so thanks for posting. I agree about the spam filter, it’s terrible.
I had a problem with Outlook on one tablet recently where it looked like it was syncing (3rd party app) but emails were not appearing. On another tablet they could be seen. Not sure what device you are using but updating the app and logging in again worked for me.

Alternatively if you can log in via web browser rather than email app maybe that would help?

Hope you get it sorted.
Edited by: "Hacked" 16th Oct
One thing you might want to check is if it says "Focused" anywhere on your inbox. If it does you can turn it off in the settings.
They have been trying to force this feature on us all for a while and its crap.
No problems (that I know of) EXCEPT I suddenly didn't get any of BT's monthly bill emails for 8 months last year. They said they had been sent so must be at my end. Ditched them when contract was up so no idea if I'd get them again now.
Askrulous16/10/2019 22:40

I've had this happen to me. Like yourself its usually important emails. …I've had this happen to me. Like yourself its usually important emails. I've also had hotmail emails simply vanish, never to be seen again!

Suggest you change your password and add 2FA
I’ve used it for many years and have multiple accounts, I’ve not had any problems at all getting any messages.

I would suggest two things if you are having these problems your account maybe compromised, so change your password, change security questions and add 2FA.
Check your spam and inbox settings. Years ago I set everything to go to junk by default and I add senders to my safe list for the emails I want, this keeps my inbox clean.
I get what used to be junk emails in my in box and lots of new different junk in my junk box and this only started in the last 10 weeks
cmdr_elito17/10/2019 07:25

Suggest you change your password and add 2FA

Thanks for your suggestion, its a pain changing passwords on different accounts and devices, but its a necessity in this day and age.
Not using Focused inbox (got rid of that pathetic option as soon as it was enforced on us to try)
Absolutely no spam filters, or other settings to prevent mail coming through.

If anything, the crappy stuff like groupon gets through at will, get important stuff u expect never makes it through.

How can you report this to Microsoft? Its a tricky one because you need a way to prove it's their system.
If I send emails from other accs to this, they get through fine.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants