Majorca! (Mallorca even...) Cars and cameras...

4 replies
Found 14th Aug 2008
Off to Majorca in a few weeks...Puerto Pollensa/Alcudia area. Not been to the island for a few years. Firstly I am contemplating hiring a car for maybe 1 or 2 days to have a nose around when I get there. I can't be sure I will do this or what days I would want it until I know how we feel when there. Based on this, anyone advice on hiring? (I know it is cheaper to book actual days in advance).

...and cameras. Have a DSLR but a bit bulky. I have sometimes gone on these sunny Med primarily beach holidays and found myself staying around the same resort little to photograph. Is there much on the island worth seeing/photographing - or places definately worth a trip in a car?

4 Comments

Can't offer any advice on the car hire - but with regards to the areas worth seeing / photographing the Valdemosa and Deia areas are really beautiful and the drive is pretty unforgettable too - lots of spiralling mountain-top roads. Great fun if you meet a coach going the other way! Loads of really good photo opportunities in both these areas. Go into the old towns of Alcudia and Pollenca especially on market days as they are much more interesting than the resorts. You've made a good choice in the resorts though as this is a really nice area of Mallorca to stay in. Alcudia in particular has a really lovely beach.

I havent been for years but i do know when my dad went last more recently-he got carhire when he arrived, locally. I have always just got a car from a local carhire there too as they are plentiful. They can usually do you a good deal too.

Banned

Visit Port De Sóller in the north west, beautiful bay.

lumoruk;2744924

Visit Port De Sóller in the north west, beautiful bay.

Make sure you try the oranges there too - they're famous for them in Port De Sóller!
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. EA shuts down Visceral Games.56
    2. word association Game74244871
    3. 5 Letter Scrabble Game52322826
    4. Misco about to go into administration912

See more discussions