Groups

Make a loan to support someone this Christmas

Just thought I'd share Kiva with everyone - introduced a few people at work and their response has been amazing. Basically Kiva facilitates people like you and me making small loans towards businesses and people in the Third World.

For example you might choose to contribute $25 towards a fisherman buying new nets - when he makes the money from the new nets it's paid back and you can either choose to take it back or reloan the money to someone else.

Think of it as giving to charity but you'll probably be able to use the money to help lots of people, help themselves.

I don't receive anything for letting you guys know but if you want to say that I told you about it my email is cleverly disguised in my username!

You can also join groups - personally I contribute towards the total that 'Atheists, Agnostics, Skeptics, Freethinkers, Secular Humanists and the Non-Religious' have lent (nearly $500,000 more than the 'Christians'!). How political.

kiva.org/

6 Comments

How is this a deal ?

Edit = moved to the right place now.

Banned

in b4 something

Original Poster

waterloo;7106848

How is this a deal ? Edit = moved to the right place now.

I agree - wasn't concentrating.

supermod

Moved to MISC as its not a deal as such, rather a loan contribution request via a nonUK company. Thanks.

© 2005-2009 Kiva. All rights reserved. Kiva is a U.S. 501(c)3 non-profit … © 2005-2009 Kiva. All rights reserved. Kiva is a U.S. 501(c)3 non-profit organization.

great idea-repped for posting!

Original Poster

shaneomac;7107158

great idea-repped for posting!

Thanks
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Samsung or Hisense33
      2. What's the most impressive 4k / UHD film you have seen at home?22
      3. What's the best gas and electric deals about ?77