Make an easy £215 cashback with Shepherds Friendly - Using Quidco (See Post)

Posted 16th May
Found a quick and easy way to make £215 if you're willing to save £100 for two months, I've done this before with Nutmeg and got the cashback no problem.

• Got to quidco.com
  • Search for Shepherds Friendly
  • Click get cashback
  • Follow the steps and sign up to an ISA, no min. deposit required
  • Your cashback will track instantly and a date of payment will be provided

I opted to save £100 a month and will receive £215 cashback.

Amounts of cashback vary depending on your monthly saving.

No point saving into a 0.5% account with a bank!!
Community Updates

Groups

Top comments
Swl9016/05/2020 21:19

This is fake news, I’ve had 6 payments over £50 in the last year

"fake news"

OK Donald.
62 Comments
Does it affect your credit score if you withdraw after 2 months?
SamB90016/05/2020 21:11

Does it affect your credit score if you withdraw after 2 months?

No, saving is not credit related
This is a stocks and shares isa? Effectively means your deposits are put at risk
Edited by: "Sparkz2k16" 16th May
Swl9016/05/2020 21:12

No, saving is not credit related

Thanks, just double checking! Have always thought to do this with Shepherds Friendly but always assumed there would be something stopping you withdrawing straight after you get the cashback
SamB90016/05/2020 21:14

Thanks, just double checking! Have always thought to do this with …Thanks, just double checking! Have always thought to do this with Shepherds Friendly but always assumed there would be something stopping you withdrawing straight after you get the cashback

I thought that too with nutmeg but got the cash back handy enough
Can you withdraw after two months fee free?
Sparkz2k1616/05/2020 21:13

This is a stocks and shares isa? Effectively means your deposits are put …This is a stocks and shares isa? Effectively means your deposits are put at risk

£215 payment is an increase of over 100%
I wouldn't trust quidco over cashback this high. Personally, anything over £10 I go with topcashback.
Edited by: "furiousjammin" 16th May
Can you withdraw your £200 after two months wirth no loss plus the £215?
Swl9016/05/2020 21:16

£215 payment is an increase of over 100%

IF you get it. Just because it quotes that, it doesn't mean the cashback will clear and you will definitely get the money.

That is a risk on its own and I think most of us can say we missed out on cashback we were entitled to because it never tracked, advertiser declined it or the appeal was lost.
Edited by: "Sparkz2k16" 17th May
furiousjammin16/05/2020 21:16

I wouldn't trust quidco over cashback this high. Personally, anything over …I wouldn't trust quidco over cashback this high. Personally, anything over £10 I go with topcashback.

Thanks for posting. We've moved this to our 'Money Saving Tips & Tricks' section

"fake news"

OK Donald.
Was gonna go for this but just checked my Quidco and 2 of my cash backs have been declined £125 BT broadband and £80 for Car insurance it’s fell completely within the rules but it does say the retailer reserves the right to decline so tbh I can see this happening a lot with all these companies taking a massive loss recently
chridt16/05/2020 21:27

Was gonna go for this but just checked my Quidco and 2 of my cash backs …Was gonna go for this but just checked my Quidco and 2 of my cash backs have been declined £125 BT broadband and £80 for Car insurance it’s fell completely within the rules but it does say the retailer reserves the right to decline so tbh I can see this happening a lot with all these companies taking a massive loss recently

Virgin have screwed lots of people over via Quidco too. £200+ declined. I got mine via topcashback but lots of quidco declines.
furiousjammin16/05/2020 21:28

Virgin have screwed lots of people over via Quidco too. £200+ declined. I …Virgin have screwed lots of people over via Quidco too. £200+ declined. I got mine via topcashback but lots of quidco declines.

I have lots with quidco, If the same works with TC go with that
Tempting. I'm doing the Sunlife and Legal and General over 50's plans for the giftcards so this would be handy on top of that.
Bother.

I already have a Stocks and Shares ISA which I've paid in to this year so I wont be able to open a new one
How would one take the money out of these? and what risks are involved many thanks
Should be mentioned, not ok to put in lump sum for £305 but is ok, to put in £100 for two months for £215
You can put the money into a S&S ISA if you have not already opened an account this financial year or deposited the max in an existing account. Usually, there is no compulsion to invest the money and the account can be closed later. But please check if there is any condition attached for the cashback - if the account has to be kept open longer or if there is any penalty for closure.

Just read how an ISA works on MSE, if required. Do not blindly follow online advice for tax saving accounts.
Edited by: "bozo007" 16th May
Can someone tell me how this works can after 2 months you transfer money back out?
Seems risky ! I’m out

not really fake news

I’ve had 0 payments ever
Mendoza16/05/2020 22:28

not really fake newsI’ve had 0 payments ever

I’ve earned £719.19 this year, you must be incapable of following t&cs
Swl9016/05/2020 22:39

I’ve earned £719.19 this year, you must be incapable of following t&cs

Does it track instantly as you say? just did this for £100 a month not tracked yet. does say within 24 hours tho if not won’t bother with it cba putting a claim in
Justsuperman16/05/2020 22:52

Does it track instantly as you say? just did this for £100 a month not …Does it track instantly as you say? just did this for £100 a month not tracked yet. does say within 24 hours tho if not won’t bother with it cba putting a claim in

Yeah I had it within 15mins
Swl9016/05/2020 22:52

Yeah I had it within 15mins

What does it say for you? £215 tracked? have you already paid £100 in? also if it doesn’t track can I just cancel DD? Cheers bud
Justsuperman16/05/2020 22:53

What does it say for you? £215 tracked? have you already paid £100 in? a …What does it say for you? £215 tracked? have you already paid £100 in? also if it doesn’t track can I just cancel DD? Cheers bud

No just set up the DD, and yeah just cancel it if not, save any hassle lol
40775943-TNL4L.jpg
Swl9016/05/2020 22:55

No just set up the DD, and yeah just cancel it if not, save any hassle …No just set up the DD, and yeah just cancel it if not, save any hassle lol[Image]

Nice one mine hasn’t tracked on safari done at 22:11 so may be out of luck will cancel if it doesn’t in 24 hours thanks for the help
furiousjammin16/05/2020 21:28

Virgin have screwed lots of people over via Quidco too. £200+ declined. I …Virgin have screwed lots of people over via Quidco too. £200+ declined. I got mine via topcashback but lots of quidco declines.

Think it will be more common in the coming months tbh
Scottish friendly have £200 cashback for £50 a month. Do one S&S with shep and one cash ISA with scot - might be worth a punt
Justsuperman16/05/2020 21:56

Can someone tell me how this works can after 2 months you transfer money …Can someone tell me how this works can after 2 months you transfer money back out?

Simply close the account as per the terms. But bear in mind that your ISA allowance for the current year is reduced by the amount you have already put in. Only flexible ISA accounts allow a withdrawal without any reduction in the allowance.
andywedge16/05/2020 21:20

Thanks for posting. We've moved this to our 'Money Saving Tips & Tricks' …Thanks for posting. We've moved this to our 'Money Saving Tips & Tricks' section

There’s a money saving tips and tricks section??? Off to have a look !
HankHandsome16/05/2020 21:33

Tempting. I'm doing the Sunlife and Legal and General over 50's plans …Tempting. I'm doing the Sunlife and Legal and General over 50's plans for the giftcards so this would be handy on top of that.

MrKrabs16/05/2020 23:31

Scottish friendly have £200 cashback for £50 a month. Do one S&S with shep …Scottish friendly have £200 cashback for £50 a month. Do one S&S with shep and one cash ISA with scot - might be worth a punt

Would you mind posting or pm'ing me some of the details for those please guys?
My quidco has £210 for £100 investment
pKaTz17/05/2020 10:00

My quidco has £210 for £100 investment

Sorry my mistake. That's for Scottish Friendly
Had a punt at this. Gotta be better than the banks rates if the cashback tracks.
Edited by: "pKaTz" 17th May
Risky in current climate. Had about £280 in an s&s isa before the current crisis, now only worth £180!
darkovo17/05/2020 13:24

Risky in current climate. Had about £280 in an s&s isa before the current …Risky in current climate. Had about £280 in an s&s isa before the current crisis, now only worth £180!

Peaks and troughs
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions