Found 7th Apr 2011
Thinking of playing around, and buying some shares - what would be a good place to start? Had some look on Google though its quite confusing, just wish to acquire some share, without messing with options yet.

Thanks for tips in advance

1. Misc
Groups
  1. Misc
9 Comments

Long or short term?

If long, you can try penny shares. I got a 25,000 of about 6 company's about 3 years ago. 3 folded never to be seen again. 1 hovers around the 2p mark, but the other 2. one made me about 6 k when the company was bought 18 months later, the other is around the 4k mark now.

Each batch of 25,000 cost me between 50 and 120ish quid. I just randomly picked a few that were on the floor and had no where left to go (apart from go bust obviously).

If you want a quick return, don't know, sorry. . .

Original Poster

steve1221

Long or short term?If long, you can try penny shares. I got a 25,000 of … Long or short term?If long, you can try penny shares. I got a 25,000 of about 6 company's about 3 years ago. 3 folded never to be seen again. 1 hovers around the 2p mark, but the other 2. one made me about 6 k when the company was bought 18 months later, the other is around the 4k mark now.Each batch of 25,000 cost me between 50 and 120ish quid. I just randomly picked a few that were on the floor and had no where left to go (apart from go bust obviously).If you want a quick return, don't know, sorry. . .

Sounds good, I'll have a look now.

Long term does sound very lucrative. While at uni I would like to see for myself what works and what doesn't yield decent return.

theres a great book on this have a browse on amazon

KapA

theres a great book on this have a browse on amazon

Any idea on what its called?!?!?!?!

autolesbona

Any idea on what its called?!?!?!?!

Loads; amazon.co.uk/s/r…ing

I use Halifax shares, there are 4 days a month when they charge you £5 commission per buy/sale, instead of the usual rate. I've put £30 in a company just to mess around n understand it all

robjamuk

I use Halifax shares, there are 4 days a month when they charge you £5 … I use Halifax shares, there are 4 days a month when they charge you £5 commission per buy/sale, instead of the usual rate. I've put £30 in a company just to mess around n understand it all

you need to do atleast £500 , your £30 will be eaten by the fees. iweb isn't too bad.

steve1221

Loads;http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_sb_ss_i_8_13?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=share+dealing&sprefix=share+dealing

Thanks...... its only KapA was impying that there was one in particular that was worth picking up.

Try this thread, its fairly good and theres loads of guys im sure will be willing to help..... I would avoid Halifax and other as the comission is quite high and they may have a holding fee for looking after your shares. Use iii , you pay a little more but its good long term. Also, you need to invest atleast £250/go as the fees will be some £20 to buy and sell.....

hotukdeals.com/mis…e=9
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Anyone visiting centre parc longleat between 27th-30th34
    2. Sainsbury's tu33
    3. Switch from BT to BT same property different person634
    4. I have a pretty old sky router and the power lead needs replacing, is it li…55

See more discussions