make-up brand Benefit issues urgent product recall

SuperEd 5
Found 3rd Nov 2017Edited by:"goonertillidie"
Know this is popular brand with a lot of you so though't i'd let you know the eyebrow gel is being recalled

The eyebrow product has been pulled over fears it can irritate eyes so customers are being urged to send their purchases back

In a statement, Benefit said: “Out of an abundance of caution, we are initiating a voluntary recall of our Gimme Brow product after discovering that recent batches of the product did not meet our stringent quality standards.

2821806.jpgIt is urging people not to use the product again, and to return it to the retailer it was bought from for a full refund.

The recall affects all tube sizes, including full-size, samples and gift sets.

Boots, Debenhams and House of Fraser have all removed the product from their shelves.
Community Updates
Misc
5 Comments
32361310-cHWVH.jpg
Edited by: "FloatingWilson" 3rd Nov 2017
It’s not a mascara, it’s a brow gel
I got mine on line and got it for my daughters how so I get it changed
helen.warren-d39c2.042579 h, 35 m ago

I got mine on line and got it for my daughters how so I get it changed

I'd assume you contact the makers see if they have twitter or Facebook you can contact.
Thanks for the heads up on this. I purchased this product after a recommendation on a very big ’glossy’ Facebook group but the moderators have deleted my post warning other users.

There is nothing on the Benefit Facebook site and only a small ticker tape on the web page. When I asked about the product at a Benefit counter I was told ‘it isn’t on sale’ and then got tight lipped answers about the product recall. If you want to return and don’t have a receipt you need to email them and they send a form which you complete and send back to them by post with your products. It is not a very consumer focused way to manage a product recall.

Thd only good good thing is they ask for bank details to refund to and don’t try to give you a credit note or voucher. I won’t be buying Benefit again so this is a bonus.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants