Make your own slime

Found 28th Jul 2017
Just thought I'd share a slime recipe that I've just made with my daughter incase any parent out there is trying to find something to do on a rainy day!

1- pour 150 ml of pva glue into bowl
2- add dash of food colouring if you want it to be a certain colour
3- mix together
4- add 1 teaspoon of bicarbonate of soda and mix
5 - add 1 teaspoon of any eye drops that contain boric acid.. I found the Sparkling eye drops in home bargains for 79p contains this.
6 - mix together and then add a few drops of eye drops until you have the perfect slime.

I've been trying over the last few days with various methods but this is the only one I've managed to make slime with!
Community Updates
Misc
19 Comments
Rather just make play dough less yucky
mum can we play with some slime?
no here is some play doh its less yucky
thanks mum you always make us see the value in non yucky fun over normal kid fun - thank you for teaching us
About slime too!
another one is bouncy eggs
put an egg in a cup and fill with white vinegar
leave for 24 hrs
then bounce away
enjoy
wozukSilencer

another one is bouncy eggsput an egg in a cup and fill with white vinegar … another one is bouncy eggsput an egg in a cup and fill with white vinegar leave for 24 hrsthen bounce away enjoy

You may want to mention that the egg needs to be boiled prior to being placed in the vinegar. Or have I spoilt your mischievous intentions?

P.S. Add some food colouring to the vinegar if the children want a bit of variety.

P.P.S. Pleasantly surprised that a thread titled 'Make your own slime' has not generated a different range of responses.

http://i.imgur.com/r6h1e.gif
We make Cricket bats from socks in our house.
What a coincidence as my niece was making some a few hours ago using ketchup and sugar lol
Thanks for this.
Another you keep kids busy and kind of slime like mix corn flour with water until it's a smooth paste and quite hard to stir. Add food colouring. When the paste is in the bowl or tray its solid when kids pick it up its liquid.
Saturn

You may want to mention that the egg needs to be boiled prior to being … You may want to mention that the egg needs to be boiled prior to being placed in the vinegar. Or have I spoilt your mischievous intentions? :)P.S. Add some food colouring to the vinegar if the children want a bit of variety.P.P.S. Pleasantly surprised that a thread titled 'Make your own slime' has not generated a different range of responses.

Give me chance, I've only just seen it
deeky

Give me chance, I've only just seen it

Any success yet, or still a work in progress?
Saturn

Any success yet, or still a work in progress?

I might have jumped the gun a bit
Saturn

You may want to mention that the egg needs to be boiled prior to being … You may want to mention that the egg needs to be boiled prior to being placed in the vinegar. Or have I spoilt your mischievous intentions? :)P.S. Add some food colouring to the vinegar if the children want a bit of variety.P.P.S. Pleasantly surprised that a thread titled 'Make your own slime' has not generated a different range of responses.

you don't have to boil it , it still works and then you get to splat at the end makes for better fun playing catch
What are they supposed to do with the slime? I assume if you make it for them, you have to give them a free pass if they rub it in each others hair, change the colour of the wallpaper with it and put it under you pillow.
deeky23 h, 32 m ago

I might have jumped the gun a bit

Do you make a habit of being premature?
harlzter

Do you make a habit of being premature?

Chance would be a fine thing X)
Thanks for this recipe. It worked a treat! (We've tried and failed with a good few beforehand)
thanks for this 10, 8, 4 and 2 year old all loved it!
easier just to get them to play with the boogies from your nose
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants