Make your own slime

Found 6th Dec 2017
Hi,
Does anyone have any recipes for making slime. Have been trying to make some for my daughter with glue, baking soda and contact lense solution but having no luck.
Just a sticky mess.
Community Updates
Ask
16 Comments
I found this but not sure if it's what you're after as I'm a little too old for slime

Slime recipe
May sound odd but try another brand of PVA glue. We made some and the first couple of batches were a bit wrong (to say the least) We found Tesco's to work well.
Bicarbonate of soda (not baking powder) and a few small squeezes of contact lens solution (must contain boric acid- we used Boots' own brand)
My own attempt (with added food colour and glitter of course!)
32659971-nsi1e.jpg
Original Poster
Using some glue off amazon. Changed contact lense solution to boots own instead of Specsavers. Still no good. Will try changing glue.
jonmmill6 m ago

Using some glue off amazon. Changed contact lense solution to boots own …Using some glue off amazon. Changed contact lense solution to boots own instead of Specsavers. Still no good. Will try changing glue.

Make sure the contact lens solution has boric acid amongst it's ingredients.
jonmmill27 m ago

Using some glue off amazon. Changed contact lense solution to boots own …Using some glue off amazon. Changed contact lense solution to boots own instead of Specsavers. Still no good. Will try changing glue.

Probably cheaper and easier to just buy some slime..
Buy boric acid off ebay, it's about a fiver for 500g or cheaper for smaller amounts.
It oozes outta my TV set:
jonmmill2 h, 50 m ago

You are using bicarbonate of soda? You mentioned in op that you were using baking soda (powder?)
Edited by: "chuckiedoll" 6th Dec 2017
Original Poster
Yes. Bicarbonate of soda. I'm using saline solution which I think is wrong one. Will try different lens solution.
jonmmill5 m ago

Yes. Bicarbonate of soda. I'm using saline solution which I think is …Yes. Bicarbonate of soda. I'm using saline solution which I think is wrong one. Will try different lens solution.

Yes, saline is the wrong type. Need the more multi purpose type containing boric acid. Some eye drops work too.
My daughter is obsessed with slime
but she still hasn’t found a recipe!!
if anyone has a good I’ll like to know.
Original Poster
Have bought some borax off eBay and will see if that works.
jonmmill1 h, 48 m ago

How much have you spent so far?
jonmmill12 h, 25 m ago

It will work. My lad had been slime mad for months now and the only way we got it to work was with borax.
I bought a slime factory kit off eBay £23! For my niece and nephew's Christmas present...

Waste of money, and I'm returning it asap..

So looking for some slime ingredients and recipes also...

I've read use food colouring gel instead of liquid...

Have seen shaving foam can be used...

Not sure of how or which or whatever
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants