Groups

Making a complaint about HSBC

As above, ill explain what happened and maybe someone could give me advice as to what i should do or where i should complain,

i reported a case of fraud with HSBC a while back as the maount was for 6k it took a while to sort out etc, as i was fed up waiting for a refund i was offered a temp refund on the basis once the bank had been refunded from the retailer they would take there funds back (that was fine)

@ the weekend i was sent a letter stating the retailers bank had refunded HSBC and that hsbc would re-debit my account

ie the money from the retailer would hit my account and be taken back (thats what was told to me back in august as well)

so anyway i log into internet banking yesterday and my account was minus £6700

£1000 of that my overdraft and £500 of that my own money

after many many calls to HSBC new delhi i was told '' THEY THINK '' what has happened is the retailer has refunded back the money to me but to my old card details

(card was replaced @ the point fraud was reported)

and that it was sitting in a holding account ready to be placed into my bank

but no one could confirm this and the fact is i am going to be charged for being minus 6k using my overdraft and also have 3 direct debit's due today which will obviously not be paid, and to make things worse i have 2k from a loan being paid into my account today which will be taken right away to clear some of the 6k debt which is obviously not my fault

any idea's on what i can do, where i complain etc

16 Comments

Can't help but hope you get it sorted it must be very worrying

HSBC will cover any charges you receive due to their error.

Go into a the bank and they will have a how to complain form

If all fails contact ombudsman

make an appointment to see somone at your local branch ASAP, if you call no joy, close your account since they have failed to handle a fraud case completely inadequately.

can you get down to your branch and see manager

if not ring up now and get it sorted - if the person you first speak to cannot verify that you wont be charged etc - ask to speak to accounts manager - dont get off phone until you get that guarantee - use 'saynoto0845 nos.

follow it up with a letter stating all whats happened and the distress it has caused you

good luck

You might want to go directly to the bank to have a chat with them. I don't think HSBC Internet banking call centers are even in the UK so they are not well trained. Definitely go into the bank and ask.

Original Poster

thanks for all the advice will be going branch today (getting dressed as i type lol) what made me angry the most is i explained i had no other money (ok a little white lie) and that i had kids etc that needed money, did they care course they didnt

Dub1;6426988

thanks for all the advice will be going branch today (getting dressed as … thanks for all the advice will be going branch today (getting dressed as i type lol) what made me angry the most is i explained i had no other money (ok a little white lie) and that i had kids etc that needed money, did they care course they didnt

yes best putting a few clothes on - might scare manager:-D

im sure you will get sorted out - keep calm - friends o/h kicked off in lloyds a few weeks ago - silly man got arrested - no charges - but i know its frustrating - keep calm - just state facts:thumbsup:

reckon out of all the banks HSBC are the most competent

Original Poster

you never no, if i flash my wang dang i may get an overdraft increase lol, thanks for all the help i have left you all some rep

I agree with the peope on here. I am with HSBC and got over £3k of fraud in Dominican Republic in 2 hours - all fuel!
    I rang them and they took weeks to sort out and about 2 hours of phone calls. I too needed to pay bills and was very worried.
    I tried to sort it out over the phone but went to my local branch and they were much more helpful.
    What gets me the most is the cost of the phone calls when I got my bill....over £30! I couldn't believe it. Go to the branch, it'smuch cheaper.

bit silly they don't have a procedure in place to deal with this, after all how can the retailer know your "new card" details to refund to

go to your branch ask for the Manager/es don not setell for any one under the Manager
    tell them what is going on and dont ask what is going to happen
    [SIZE="5"]Tell the Manager you want it fixt in 24 hours or you will get yor solicitor to fix them[/SIZE]

Original Poster

ok all sorted now, to cut a long story short the money was sat in a so called HSBC holding account, its funny do how many calls etc it took just to get this sorted its 30+ calls a visit to my bank who again made 10+ calls and with in minutes it was sorted + a added bonus my bank manager is one fit bird lol still going to make a complaint

cattythefatty;6432709

go to your branch ask for the Manager/es don not setell for any one under … go to your branch ask for the Manager/es don not setell for any one under the Managertell them what is going on and dont ask what is going to happen [COLOR="Red"][SIZE="5"]Tell the Manager you want it fixt in 24 hours or you will get yor solicitor to fix them[/SIZE]

[/COLOR]

Boraat verrryy niceeee.

Dub1;6433039

ok all sorted now, to cut a long story short the money was sat in a so … ok all sorted now, to cut a long story short the money was sat in a so called HSBC holding account, its funny do how many calls etc it took just to get this sorted its 30+ calls a visit to my bank who again made 10+ calls and with in minutes it was sorted + a added bonus my bank manager is one fit bird lol still going to make a complaint

Hi, the "so-called holding accounts" are genuine I know the Banks get alot of stick and people think that they "make up" these accounts as a diversion, granted it should have been reconciled directly to your account it could have been difficult for the member of staff to locate where the money was to go, the holding account may have thousands of entries a day!! I am definately on your side and think you should complain, all of your costs should be covered and compo for the stress :whistling:

Original Poster

yea i no about these holding accounts, but i was told a department called DSC who i had spoke to 20+ times had to only check my branch and would see the money was there in there account waiting to be placed into mine

jiggly-bits;6434838

Hi, the "so-called holding accounts" are genuine I know the Banks get … Hi, the "so-called holding accounts" are genuine I know the Banks get alot of stick and people think that they "make up" these accounts as a diversion, granted it should have been reconciled directly to your account it could have been difficult for the member of staff to locate where the money was to go, the holding account may have thousands of entries a day!! I am definately on your side and think you should complain, all of your costs should be covered and compo for the stress :whistling:

Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Cat Chat77736
      2. I want to talk about the WEATHER no politics no religion19047154
      3. Fifa 18 web app Now active.44
      4. U.S. bombers fly off North Korea's coast in show of force1930

See more discussions