Making a purchase on Amazon Germany

Posted 11th Mar
Can I buy a Samsung soundbar off Amazon Germany and it will work absolutely fine for me over here?
Community Updates
Ask
11 Comments
It will, yes. All you’ll need is a uk plug converter.
majestic201211/03/2020 08:46

It will, yes. All you’ll need is a uk plug converter.

Brilliant. Thanks
majestic201211/03/2020 08:47

No worries.

This is the response I got from the seller

You have received a message from the Amazon Seller - MD-Sound
I can't tell you for sure, there could be problems in the UK. Problems could arise, especially with software support. a UK power plug is also not included
efc_4ever11/03/2020 09:07

This is the response I got from the sellerYou have received a message from …This is the response I got from the sellerYou have received a message from the Amazon Seller - MD-SoundI can't tell you for sure, there could be problems in the UK. Problems could arise, especially with software support. a UK power plug is also not included

He’s covering his own back. I’ve used different countries software downloads many times previously and haven’t encountered any issues.
I know it's not a sound bar but I bought a Krups coffee machine from Amazon Germany. No problems and the warranty is covered by Krup uk as it was bought within the EU. You just need to buy a 'Visitor adaptor ' like this sparkswarehouse.com/pro…BwE
You can get them in pound shops.
Thanks guys
The cable that goes from the power outlet into the AC/DC adapter of the main unit can be easily replaced with a UK one for cheap kenable.co.uk/en/…les

Might be also true for the subwoofer power cable if it's not permanently attached to the unit as it is the case with my 10 year old.

So no need to use stupid plug converters.
Edited by: "Buckyball" 11th Mar
Buckyball11/03/2020 10:42

The cable that goes from the power outlet into the AC/DC adapter of the …The cable that goes from the power outlet into the AC/DC adapter of the main unit can be easily replaced with a UK one for cheap https://www.kenable.co.uk/en/47-power-cablesMight be also true for the subwoofer power cable if it's not permanently attached to the unit as it is the case with my 10 year old.So no need to use stupid plug converters.

Is any difference in voltage ect with me buying a soundbar from Germany to use in the UK? Like in the US it's 120v so I couldn't get a Samsung bar from the US
Edited by: "efc_4ever" 11th Mar
efc_4ever11/03/2020 10:46

Is any difference in voltage ect with me buying a soundbar from Germany to …Is any difference in voltage ect with me buying a soundbar from Germany to use in the UK? Like in the US it's 120v so I couldn't get a Samsung bar from the US

Most of these units have a multi voltage power supply, like most laptops and phones these days. In this case, Germany has the same voltage as UK anyway.
bozo00711/03/2020 11:22

Most of these units have a multi voltage power supply, like most laptops …Most of these units have a multi voltage power supply, like most laptops and phones these days. In this case, Germany has the same voltage as UK anyway.

Thankyou
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Discussions

Top Merchants