Making a Square Picture into a Circle Picture

4 replies
Found 13th Dec 2009
I'm making my son a bespoke Clock using a 12 inch record and therefore want to take a square picture i have and convert this into the circular shape, but keeping the entire picture and ratios.

Any ideas please? I'm limited to what software i have (not alot!)

1. Misc
Groups
  1. Misc
4 Comments

you can't, you could enlarge the picture and crop it so you are left with the bit you want.. or if you don't want to lose any of the picture you would have to enlarge as much as you can and then have a border, but you would end up with a sort of fisheye effect if you were to make the picture into a circle

You might be able to do something online here
blibs.com/edi…or/

Captain Hook;7206019

you can't, you could enlarge the picture and crop it so you are left with … you can't, you could enlarge the picture and crop it so you are left with the bit you want.. or if you don't want to lose any of the picture you would have to enlarge as much as you can and then have a border, but you would end up with a sort of fisheye effect if you were to make the picture into a circle

You could mount the record on a square acrylic plate and make the corners of the picture translucent where they overlap onto that.

Could you not just make a square clock?
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Topcashback Trick or Treat competition61645
    2. Win two star gazing festival tickets in the north pennines11
    3. Win a £100 Amazon Voucher From LoveMyVouchers33
    4. Chat magazine issue 4323

See more discussions